Pocketbike Forum banner

50mph etek-powered electric super bike

15K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Jcohen 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

the last time I posted a thread, it was about a super pocket bike that went between 25-30 mph. We just finished our latest project and it's up for sale. We started off with a gas X15 super pocket bike and took out the engine. This is the best super bike frame around, measuring nearly 60 inches in length and 25 inch seat height. Front and rear hydraulic brakes and hydraulic suspension, high/low beam headlight, horn, and LCD display (mainly for looks). The body was custom painted red and the frame is silver metallic.

Then, the conversion. Out the with old engine and in with one of the best permanent magnet motors around, the B&S E-tek. It produces 7.5 horsepower and 32 ft-lbs of torque at 36 volts. For the controller, we used the Alltrax 400 amp programmable unit which delivers tons of juice. Three 32Ah 12 volt batteries are wired up with 2AWG wires and held in an aluminum box. Charger supplied is a fully automatic 4.5 amp Soneil, which recharges the batteries in approximately 2 hours. The magura twist grip throttle was used because of its smooth action. Together, these components enable the X15 to acelerate from 0-50mph (85km/h) in 5 seconds, faster than any other electric super bike.

Our website will be up soon (some time in the spring) with more specs, pics, and vids. Look for MaroneMoto on google and you'll find it. If you're interested in purchasing one, or would like to see pictures, contact me at: leomnem@videotron.ca or reply to the thread.

Looking forward to hearing some feedback.
Regards,
Peter Marone.

See less See more
G
#18 ·
Re: 30mph professional electric dirt bike
No I am not, Sure I am point blank with my words, but your bikes are great as home made projects, but there is more to it than just off the shelf electronics and cramming them into bikes.

you have yet to even hint to the weight of the bikes and well that alone will make your bikes look fishy on the speed facts you have made...your pocket bike was not even doing 30mph in the video and well "Worlds Fastest" is not a word to brand something unless you make an attemp to show all and then telll all kinda way, what you did is tell all about your bikes and show very little of the biuld quality and "High tech charger system" you so proudly brag about but yet tell so little in how it works..?...

any ways, I may be a jerk in your eyes but in my eyes your just some one talking about what he is seeing in the clouds....

G
#19 ·
PS...one of each bike is not a production, now is it...

sure you make bikes, may be even better then the best of us, but dont come off as a big time man when your only making as many bikes as the rest of us on this forum make in a year...no respect gained no sales made

#21 ·
lol ye its a reeeal neat bike but 3000$ id just buy the gasser new....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.