Pocketbike Forum banner

60v conversion mx650

6K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  ElectricmotorVolt 
#1 ·
can a 60v battery and controller set up fry a 36v 650w engine? I have herd that these 36v motors cazn be run by 48v, how about 60v? thanks for any help

#5 ·
I understand that a rewind is needed to be done to a motor if one wants to overvolt that motor, so the motor doesnt burn out. My question is if one can rewind a motor so the stock batteries would still allow for an increase in rpms, will a rewind and an overvolting increase the rpms even more then just a rewind would? thanks

#6 ·
If you were to rewind the motor with less winds the rpm will go up BUT you won't have as much torque. Its a trade off more rpm less torque, more torque less rpm. Rewinding makes the motor run without as much resistance and lets you run more amps and voltage to the motor without making it blow up.

#9 ·
@speed
its my (MY1020) 36v 500w. 1200w 48v 100amp yk SC from tnc. I try and not run it at high speed all the time but i dont baby it in any way.I have had no heat issues it just gets warm
I have an org 1200w motor and sc from tnc when they sold them years ago. So i swapped the speed controller and decided to see what i could get out of the 500 before it blew/started on fire.
Im up to 76v. Its still alive

#12 ·
I use the Odyssey 13 A/h in most my projects. I have used Lipo RC battries but now about the same price as lead acid's. I just ordered two 22.2V 6S1P batteries for around 100 bucks. I will be running them in parallel for a total of 10 A/h. The Odyssey's are about 100 each.

My parental warning: I run controller's that allow me to adjust the low voltage cutoff. NEVER run a Lipo battery under 3V a cell. I suggest to keep them 3.1V or 3.2V.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.