Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a polini motor used off CL.
Its a Air Cooled Series 2 motor. Im really confused as Ive never owned one before.
Can I use water cooled top end on my cases I have now? What other top end fit on my cases besides Polini? Whats the largest displacement I can get to work with my cases?
How are the rep cylinder? Are they garbage and not worth buying?

The cylinder that came with the motor isnt horrible bad but it has some scratches in it. How bad does the cylinder have to be before it wont start?
Have any of you had a cylinder sent out to be replated that seems cheaper than buying a new one. I dont think they even sell new 3 port A/C cylinders New.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
You can always hone deburr and polish the cylinder you have, most of the time they are very salvageable... No you cant use a watercooled top end on that case it won't work. There are from 39-50cc Top ends available for that polini A/C motor. Some from polini, some from BZM. I wouldent ever use replica parts on a real polini base.

most parts are available new. Polini parts being the least expensive way to go... then you have BZM which is generally an upgrade. they have 36mm and 40mm 3 and 5 port top end kits going for 250-280$. Most the polini A/C topend's have been discontinued so you might end up having to get the BZM kit. not a bad thing...

http://www.tsunamibike.com/catalog/item/4353127/5893269.htm

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Yes he can use a water cooled Head on that Series 2 Engine.. BZM, Polini, 50 or 40 cc.. I did it to my GRC with Polini Series 2 Air cooled and I did a whole thread on it.. http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=79739

Ended up using a 40cc WC BZM head on it because I was low on cash and had that at hand...

He would need a radiator, external waterpump, Cylinder, Head, Antivibration bracket, pump n radiator brackets, Water Cooled Clutch Bell and Pully or rear wheel Pully... Its not a cheap upgrade but can be done....

Cheers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes he can use a water cooled Head on that Series 2 Engine.. BZM, Polini, 50 or 40 cc.. I did it to my GRC with Polini Series 2 Air cooled and I did a whole thread on it.. http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=79739

Ended up using a 40cc WC BZM head on it because I was low on cash and had that at hand...

He would need a radiator, external waterpump, Cylinder, Head, Antivibration bracket, pump n radiator brackets, Water Cooled Clutch Bell and Pully or rear wheel Pully... Its not a cheap upgrade but can be done....

Cheers!
Ya I was pretty sure I have seen people switch over. From A/c to W/c
This going to be fun. Give me an excuse to use my mill n lathe.
I dont ride pocketbikes but gopeds so most of the stuff i will be doing is custom. It sucks us scooter guys have to come look at mini moto engines for any real power. We have one two good engines thats 46cc and 62cc and I own them. But the 39cc 3 port polini is just as good or better than the 62cc zenoah g62 and walks all over the 46cc CY gp460. So I need more power .
Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.