Pocketbike Forum banner

61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
CAM2 is like me, we use everything we can find, recycle it into something new, lol. The rear arms, I believe are from a 20" bicycle frame.
Yeah I remember reading that on Cag, cag, cag... Looks good though

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Beautiful bike cam! How's the vibration on it? I'm getting annoyed with the vibration from my fcc On my lucky 7.

Aren't you in MD jose? I knew epr is in Cali, I'm in wa. Rcfish never sleeps, and Poket is chasing caribou haha.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fs509 cateye, in process of upgrading. Moving the footpegs to the front, cag 49cc engine with velocity stack aluminum pull start housing. Over this winter ill be blueprinting and polishing the bottom end (thanks cam2 for the write up), and looking at a few options for modded exhaust. It'll be a chopper when its said and done.

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
so just for the heck here is my x15
I'm sure most here have seen it, its my baby
its currently wearing a x19 body in the theme of WSBK racer Tom Sykes, with a lot of power
its also my daily to work, 1.4 miles isn't worth starting my car

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
thanks, I had to plate it as a moped, I said I bought it from a guy who didn't have the title so they gave me some forms to fill out
1 was a notarized form and that was it, 35 bux a year

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
heh heh that's great - yeah, to legalize an x19, all you gotta do is register it, and say its a scooter, not a midbike...

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
that's pretty much what I did, I def did not let them see it
It actually meets moped specs except for the motor size is way bigger than 50cc, and I can only go 35mph

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
I saw this guy got a B1 or C1 reg. and lic. by putting a toy 3rd wheel with part of the plastic body on it that he cut off a kids Big Wheel - did it under some 3 wheeler rules somehow, as a motorized 3 wheeler. Seen and X18 w/ lic. & plates as a 50cc 4 stroke scooter.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Blitz one of my favoruite things about your bike is the exhaust. I think it would look a bit better if it was kinda tucked closer too the body but I know you'd need to cut and re weld the exhasut and I know how much you payed for it.:eek: Also the bodys fantastic.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
thanks man, the can is close, I need to take a pic with the right angle
there was a chance to route it under and up thru the old shocks hole, but I was impatient and not ready to challenge myself more
I'm amazed at the carbon tip, it doesn't get hot, wish I had got the full cf can

·
Registered
81 Posts
Beautiful bike cam! How's the vibration on it? I'm getting annoyed with the vibration from my fcc On my lucky 7.

Aren't you in MD jose? I knew epr is in Cali, I'm in wa. Rcfish never sleeps, and Poket is chasing caribou haha.
Thanks Kray....The bike is old and needs to be ripped down n cleaned up n repainted .........

The newest part of the bike is the painted body.....It was done way later....Only thing maintaining that nice shine is a good wetsand n polish job plus the awesome wax I use protecting it from scratches.................:

With the extra frame tubes and the extra stiff 3/16"steel top engine mounts plus the extra fork clamp on the front forks there is hardly any......Its mainly road texture n bumps feeding back ......

Not to mention the engine is as balanced as a 2 stroke can get which I would say 80-85%......If I can find the pictures Ill post up what I did to the crank on this engine but the mods on it are definately working on this engine.....

Somethings I leave a mystery so I can maintain a slight edge thats mysterious....:cool:

I love the posts on the web when two stroke experts say you cant balance a 2 stroke engine..:rolleyes:

61 - 80 of 131 Posts