Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an ADA Racing intake and velo staCC and got it and when i installed it yesterday and try to try it out my bike wouldn;t start.... is it because i need a choke? or can you start it up w/o a choke and go with the velo and intake btw on my cat eye, this box was in the way and couldn't fit the intake all the way in the velo stacC so it was a tiny bit slanted but was able to clamp it tightly is that y??? comment me on this.... so i put the stock intake and choke back on and it started??? im thinking i need a choke carrect me if im wrong....
heres a pic of my bike with the ADA intake on.....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks liek the battery box is touching it. Maybe you should switch to the flat ufo style filter. As far as starting you dont need the choke but its going to be harder on the start. Use the eletric start tap it a few times and give it a little bit of gas for about 5 mins then it will idle nicely afterwars.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The stock carbs have a primer bulb on the bottom.........that bulb will do the same as a choke would.....just pump it a few times then use the starter......

·
Registered
814 Posts
yup prime the bulb and should be good to go. An airfilter should not stop it from starting. It gave good throttle responce overall.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Backwoodz said:
The stock carbs have a primer bulb on the bottom.........that bulb will do the same as a choke would.....just pump it a few times then use the starter......
Yeah i did that.... but still no start....i ordered a choke kit anyways if i don't need it i'l sell it or something....THANKs YALLS i'll try it again today :D :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts