Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone sucessfully fitted one of these on the cateyes bike? i was thinking about getting the black one, but checked the measurements that was posted on their site and it's off by a few mm. not too sure if it'll fit exactly.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you read both gas cap types the one for the 47cc bikes will fit the cat eyes. I bought one and it looks sharp. I did have to add a couple layers of gasket paper in between the cap & the black plastic thing for it to line up right when screwed on, but perfect fit.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btw, was the logo perfectly aligned/centered when screwed on all the way? or was it crooked?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Mine was off (i.e. sitting on it looking down an having the logo straight to read it like that). When you install it though you have to take the guts out your old cap and put them inside it. With that being said I just put some gasket paper at first which I now used a piece of thin plastic I came across. I put it between the black thing and the cap and its straight and tight when screwed on. Looks sharp IMO.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It was off like a quarter turn. I used 2 layers of gasket paper at first and it was perfect. Then I stepped to a pretty thin piece of plastic and got the same effect.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what you mean is you added that gasket paper so that when it screws in all the way, it's perfectly aligned? or was the gasket spacer used to help keep the fit snug?

·
Registered
866 Posts
ey M, or boosted...

could u give me a pic of it wen ur done putting it on?

and of the underside?

cuz i plan to buy 1...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I used the asket paper to get it aligned just right. I fit great before and after.

As far as a pic ask and yea shall receive my minnions! AH HA HA HA!!! j/k

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mblough said:
I'm ordering the fork end caps & grips from daves. I really hope they match up with the cap. It'll look sweet.
That's what I planned on doin, lemme know how it goes!. What caps did you get the large or small?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts