Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i find myself with a bike thats a little too fast for young learners so ive been trying to find ways to tone this bike down, i have a euro but this could work on any bike and can be taken off easy
ive only test ran it on the porch and it still had punch on the stand so well see how it goes with the kids, it should be way easier to take off and not wheelie
i ended up taking the throttle apart and measuring where the screw would go to stop it at half, and thats where things went sucky, those domino throttles are not all that, and they are unnecessarily hard to work on and its a poor design to boot, i think im gonna try one of my billet throttles eventually
so i had to take the carb off and apart and it turns out i did the slide wrong last time so i fixed that and also got some slag pieces out of my gas tank i didnt see before, fixed some italian fixations with those allen bolts with some good ol hex
it looks like its gonna work real good

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a reason you dont do that
know what it is?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Nice job Blitz! I hope the younger boy will be willing to give it a 2nd chance, but at very least, you can relax (a little) about that race bike!

I hope you all have lots of fun.

Thanks for being such a Caring person and helping the "little dudes" have some good clean summer time fun.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I am with you Blitz, a small kid on a water cooled bike at full throttle is trouble looking for a place to happen. Mine still scares me. The slide in the 14/14 dell, took me 5 times to get it working right.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the younger one got around one with help, so its a process
had to get smaller gloves and shorten the throw on the levers, now they should be able to use the brake good
its a ac 40cc i think, 3 port 14/14 dell

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
there is a reason you dont do that
know what it is?
Go ahead and tell everyone,Blitz. Personally, i like the tubing inside the carb body as a throttle restrictor.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
so this may be a dumb idea, but why not just adjust the butterfly valve in the carb to only open to like 45 degrees instead of the full 90 on open throttle? or just change the twist linkage to any of the replacements that come with the plastic c-clip restrictor.

i guess you may have issues with idling or bogging at low RPMs if your engine only ever gets half-gassed...

just a thought.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spyguy, aww i was hopeing hed ask, anyway, the reason you dont leave slack in throttle cables is where they go into a female part of say the bar housing, could bind on the outside and the motor would scream and you couldnt stop it, been there
bullet x7, that what i did basically, i could have made a C shaped thing for the housing but this was better for me, i still can adjust the idle/throttle from the handle

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Been there, done that myself a couple of times .....

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Me Too, first thing I look for is the kill switch.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, i guess stupid mistakes are equal opportunity
also never start the bike off the stand, or be ready to catch it lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts