Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any HP pipes, sprockets, etc. for the 380X Inferno? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I need HP pipe and bigger sprocket.

·
Registered
227 Posts
HP parts for 380X

IcePick said:
Does anyone know if there are any HP pipes, sprockets, etc. for the 380X Inferno? Thanks.
The 380X has a high performance pipe as stock. You might change the filter. The HP filter will soon be stock on the Scooterteq 380X.

·
Registered
175 Posts
BoostedBoogie said:
isn't it the exact same motor as the others?
Looks like the same 49cc piston skirt scooter motor to me... I put a vstack and filter I made for my 43cc scooter on the 380x and it fit fine. Helped the power a lot. The exhaust already has a pretty fat expansion pipe on it, but I'm not sure how well its tuned.

·
Registered
573 Posts
How can you be sure how well any other pipe is tuned without dyno charts? The only way is trying it out since we dont have dyno figures for any of the pipes out there yet. But for the most part just be patient. I'm sure a pipe will be released soon. For now just go with all the mods that you can do. Rocket key, juice box or boost tube, carb, P&P if u wish,big bore, etc...

It normally takes maybe a month or 2 for the sprockets and pipes to come out. If your really impatient you can grab another sprocket from the other bikes that use the same chain and drill into them for the same bolt patters so u can install it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
sesshoumaru562 said:
How can you be sure how well any other pipe is tuned without dyno charts?
Too true....

A small genset head, some rollers, a load, and a meter, might have to find its way into a small portable steel frame.... hmmm pocket dyno...

·
Registered
227 Posts
380X Inferno Engine

roomtemp said:
Looks like the same 49cc piston skirt scooter motor to me... I put a vstack and filter I made for my 43cc scooter on the 380x and it fit fine. Helped the power a lot. The exhaust already has a pretty fat expansion pipe on it, but I'm not sure how well its tuned.
Actual bore and stroke on the 380X engine is 44*34. This is a bigger bore than the run of the mill 49cc engines. Otherwise it looks the same and external parts such as stacks and filters fit it. They haver nothing to do with the cylinder size. The expansion pipe is tuned to this modified engine, not to other 49cc models.

·
Registered
175 Posts
scooterteq1 said:
Actual bore and stroke on the 380X engine is 44*34. This is a bigger bore than the run of the mill 49cc engines. Otherwise it looks the same and external parts such as stacks and filters fit it. They haver nothing to do with the cylinder size. The expansion pipe is tuned to this modified engine, not to other 49cc models.
I haven't had the jug off of it yet, so I can't dispute ya there. Though it seems illogical from a manufacturing standpoint to make a "special" bore 49cc engine just for one bike (maybe thats not what your sayin'?). My comment about the stack was because the mount bolts go into the intake manifold, which was exactly the same as a 43cc scooter motor I have. Granted, external parts interchange doesn't mean anything cylinder wise. But a different bore and piston (same cc) doesn't really make it a new engine if all the other parts are the same. Though it will change torque curves and possibly max rpm if the crank is shorter throw. But its still a piston skirt scooter motor...

I'll agree with ya on the pipe, it looks pretty good for a stocker.

So do you know what the compression ratio is on these? How high can you take these without blowing up or using exotic fuels? Do they use the same crank as other 43/49cc? Just curious.

·
Registered
573 Posts
bore for a 49cc is 44mmx34mm
bore for the 43cc is 40mm x34mm

so i dont see how 44mmx34mm is bigger

Most 43cc motors were labled 49cc by chinese manfactures so they can make more money from selling the cheaper motors. 1 sticker = 50 bucks more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
so if i buy a new piston designed for the 49cc will i be able to just replace the one in my 43cc bike? or would i need a new rod too?

·
www.extreme4strokes.com
3,016 Posts
I hate to disagree with Scooterteq again but the 44mm bore is the standard 49cc bore on the Cateyes, X1s and so on, it is also the same piston used in the big bore kits for Cags. To put the bigger piston into a 43 all you need is the piston, rings, and cylinder or have yours bored out. There are some differences in the engine cases and crankshaft but the stroke is the same on both.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Also you might want to upgrade your stock 43cc carb. Instead of getting a stock 49cc carb you might want to go with a walbro wt-603. You might want to get a good port & polish done since your putting ona new head. This will save you some time from rebuilding it again later.

·
Registered
227 Posts
roomtemp said:
I haven't had the jug off of it yet, so I can't dispute ya there. Though it seems illogical from a manufacturing standpoint to make a "special" bore 49cc engine just for one bike (maybe thats not what your sayin'?). My comment about the stack was because the mount bolts go into the intake manifold, which was exactly the same as a 43cc scooter motor I have. Granted, external parts interchange doesn't mean anything cylinder wise. But a different bore and piston (same cc) doesn't really make it a new engine if all the other parts are the same. Though it will change torque curves and possibly max rpm if the crank is shorter throw. But its still a piston skirt scooter motor...

I'll agree with ya on the pipe, it looks pretty good for a stocker.

So do you know what the compression ratio is on these? How high can you take these without blowing up or using exotic fuels? Do they use the same crank as other 43/49cc? Just curious.
The compression ratio is 7.5:1. It is perfectly logical to modify an engine design if is it is an inexpensive modification and you intend to manufacture a lot of them. Ask Ford or GM.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bore and stroke calculation

sesshoumaru562 said:

Most 43cc motors were labled 49cc by chinese manfactures so they can make more money from selling the cheaper motors. 1 sticker = 50 bucks more.
44mm x 34mm is not the bore and stroke for 49cc. I think you can trust Ducati. See for yourself. The B&S for 49cc is 43*34.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bore and stroke calculation

sesshoumaru562 said:
Also you might want to upgrade your stock 43cc carb. Instead of getting a stock 49cc carb you might want to go with a walbro wt-603. You might want to get a good port & polish done since your putting ona new head. This will save you some time from rebuilding it again later.
Continued from last msg:

Go here to calculate bore and stroke:

http://www.ducatitech.com/info/bore.html

·
Registered
227 Posts
Engine size ID

sesshoumaru562 said:

Before they started making pocket bikes and midbikes the engines were color-coded using different muffler covers. Yellow was 36cc, red was 43cc and gray was 49cc. The cheap factories always try to make knockoffs of the good ones using inferior parts. This is why one unit can work perfectly well out of the box and another will be a piece of s**t. Instead of going to all the effort of grinding off ID numbers they just used a different color case and slapped a sticker on it. Brokers also copy pictures of the good bikes from the original factory that made it and sell them to importers who do not know better and are only interested in the lowest price. They will mark them any way the importer asks. These pictures finally end up on Ebay by some seller who also does not care and only wants to roll out boxes. It is the danger of buying sight unseen.

·
Registered
175 Posts
scooterteq1 said:
The compression ratio is 7.5:1. It is perfectly logical to modify an engine design if is it is an inexpensive modification and you intend to manufacture a lot of them. Ask Ford or GM.
Ok, you win. I've lived with ford and gm's mods to the same stuff for years. Can't argue with that and stay honest can I.

7.5:1 Ok, thank you. How high can you get them while keeping some degree of safety/reliability? Seems like 9.5:1 or 10:1 wouldn't be too nasty, assuming good fuel but not avgas. How much can you take off the bottom of the cylinder without seriously hosing the port timing?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts