Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup this is my first time here. I ordered a 'cateyes' bike and it'll be here next week. I know it's not the best bikes, but I just wanted something to ride around the hood. I been doing some reading up on the basics, but I was wondering a website to get decent aftermarket parts. I just ordered this exhaust for it and heard you can use a lawn mower filter, is this true? Any help is appreciated, sorry for the noob questions :eek: -noodlemice

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
yea that pipe does look like a POS....

not sure about the lawnmower filter tho, if it looks like itl fit, then it probably would...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you guys think I will actually lose HP with this crappy exhaust? I paid $30 for it so I figured it wasnt tuned or great quality, I just got it for looks but if it will be slower then stock I won't use it.

Also, what are you guys calling the cat eye style bikes? X3? I just need to know so I can use the search feature. Thnx -noodlemice

·
Registered
231 Posts
noodlemice said:
Do you guys think I will actually lose HP with this crappy exhaust? I paid $30 for it so I figured it wasnt tuned or great quality, I just got it for looks but if it will be slower then stock I won't use it.

Also, what are you guys calling the cat eye style bikes? X3? I just need to know so I can use the search feature. Thnx -noodlemice
SOme people call the cateyes X3s and some call the new bike coming out the X3. I personally call it cateyes. BTW, you wont find much on search as this forum was just hacked and everything was lost :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh sorry about that, well I already have found tons of great info on here and will be here alot. thanks everyone for the quick responses.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright I ordered this for my my 'cateyes'. Does anyone think this will be alright?

"BIG DOG 15mm" Fully Adjustable Racing HP Carb Kit
CPR Custom Velocity Stack
Billet HP Engine Manifold
HP Fiberglass Racing Reed Valve
Billet Fuel Filter
Fuel Line Conversion Kit
Hi-Performance Air Filter

·
Registered
866 Posts
im guessing it should be fine, unless those parts r POS

and y did u order a fiberglass reed valve?
last i checked, our bikes dont use reeds....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iDR07 said:

I'm a noob, it just came with a racing package. Here is the package for the 47cc/49cc. Please let me know if I got the wrong parts. Thnx.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
yea most of that stuff would fit, except the fiberglass reeds, and that extra manifold..

u dont need that on your cateyes... but all the other stuff should fit good...

is it me?or is it a stock carb?

·
Registered
29 Posts
noodlemice said:
I just wanted something to ride around the hood.
Not to be an arse but you know these things aren't street legal in most places. IIRC, in Florida you can register it as a moped though. We already have enough bad press about "pocket bikes", please don't do something that hurts the sport.

·
Registered
22 Posts
noodlemice said:
Sup this is my first time here. I ordered a 'cateyes' bike and it'll be here next week. I know it's not the best bikes, but I just wanted something to ride around the hood. I been doing some reading up on the basics, but I was wondering a website to get decent aftermarket parts. I just ordered this exhaust for it and heard you can use a lawn mower filter, is this true? Any help is appreciated, sorry for the noob questions :eek: -noodlemice
Nice pipe you got there it looks like it will amke some gains in speed but not very much that would be noticable. I estimate maybe 5mph tops.

Im 99% sure these bikes usse reed valves. For instance if there were none that gasoline would just kepp coming through and all the gas would be gone after the first spark by the spark plug. You might want to check on HowStuffWorks.com if you dont know a 2stroke engine works. It is more complicated then a 4stroke which is ude today in cars cause they last longer and get better mileage. @ strokes are used cause they are lightweight cause of lessser parts and easy to manufacture. Plus cheaper in price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts