Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a source for the air cooled cylinder and piston.
Can't find it anywhere.
Any help apreciated.

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought Tsunami had them, it's not this one?!?!?

http://www.tsuna****.com/6600172.htm

Or is your exhaust flange different?
Yeah it looks like that one. Not sure if the bore is the same. Got confused with the 49cc cyl kit as well.

This is the "F1" cyl.

and this is the 49cc cyl for the C1/C5

and this is the head with the 49cc kit.

Looks to me like there is no difference between the 2 cyls as far as porting goes but the head for the 49cc is definatly water cooled.

Am I to assume the only real difference between the liquid cooled and air cooled is the cooling in the head.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
There is a Big finned head and cylinder on the air cooled you can see them as a T1 at Tsun. The cases are the same, the just don't run a water pump or belt.

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looking at the piston I see several places selling them with 1 ring and TSUN sells theirs with 2 rings.

Is there a huge difference in the 2 as TSUN is a 2 ring but costing 50 bux vs other places selling the single ring units for considerably less.

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
A single ring piston is best for high reving engines, of course it doen't seal as te two ring piston and the ring last less...

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I feel the same as Mexicano, On the single ring engines I can get around 125-130psi cylinder compression, a dual ring showed more...

I personally like the 2-ring, but, at least one of the C1's (my personal bike) is a 1-ring and it has been fine for quite a while (still the original flat-head piston / dome) but I am on the 2nd ring...

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A single ring piston is best for high reving engines, of course it doen't seal as te two ring piston and the ring last less...
I feel the same as Mexicano, On the single ring engines I can get around 125-130psi cylinder compression, a dual ring showed more...

I personally like the 2-ring, but, at least one of the C1's (my personal bike) is a 1-ring and it has been fine for quite a while (still the original flat-head piston / dome) but I am on the 2nd ring...
Well the price difference between the TSUN dual ring and the HK single ring is enough I can get 7 to 8 from HK for the price of 1 from TSun shipped.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The difference is Tsun's pistons are Billet Alum, I believe, cut from a solid piece off alum on a computer milling machine. The Chinese version, daves's pistons are cast alum, Not as Good. same with the cast finned B/B heads and billet heads like on Sam's 3rd Stage engines.
The air cooled T1 Blata air cooled engine still uses the 37mm one ring piston just like the W/C engine, from what I understand.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
The difference is Tsun's pistons are Billet Alum, I believe, cut from a solid piece off alum on a computer milling machine. .
No WAY! I do not believe that for one second. here is the dirty truth about most of the Chinese Billet stuff...

It is cast crap, then slightly "cleaned up" with a "CNC" and they call it Billet!

:eek::mad::eek:

·
Two Stroke Addiction
654 Posts
No WAY! I do not believe that for one second. here is the dirty truth about most of the Chinese Billet stuff...

It is cast crap, then slightly "cleaned up with a "CNC" and they call it Billet!

:eek::mad::eek:
I agree..just take a look at a Wiseco, JE, CP or Ross pistons...THOSE ARE forged pistons.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
There ad says Billet I believe, there in nice packages though.
I used 11.5 to 1 high top Wiseco pistons in my Kawasaki drag bike, 1015cc after the rebore.

·
GHETTO FABRICATOR
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
guess it ultimatly boils down to cost vs quality.

The cheaper one is more than likely same as oem for the bike and is undoubtedly of less quality than the Tsun piston.

Guess I have some thinkin to do lol.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I am not saying they are, I just read the print. Everyone is still going by Dave's clearance prices I paid $30 for a 44mm, 12mm pin piston, ported cag piston kit w/ rings & bearings, at PB Parts.
Tsun has always been honest w/ me. They told me when I talked to them that it does not come ready to ride, and to put Viton O rings in the head. It took me 8 days, 6 hours a day to get the bike ready to ride safely. Even had to remount the engine and spacers in the frame.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts