Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been awhile since I last posted. Anyway Ive been looking for a filter that fits a Dellorto SHA 14 carb on a Polini 910, only thing i can find online is the K&N style one from midsouth but it requires a adapter that I cant find anyone in stock online.
I really want a nice flowing filter for my bike since the stock airbox has no filter at all and im worried about all the dirt and dust getting sucked into my motor and i think the airbox is a bit restrictive now that I have a 4petal reed intake setup. thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You can buy the cone paper screen type for that carb online, I have 4 of them 14/14 Dell Rep carbs. They are about 58mm inside & it fits right over the big bell of the carb, I have seen good foam ones too.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can buy the cone paper screen type for that carb online, I have 4 of them 14/14 Dell Rep carbs. They are about 58mm inside & it fits right over the big bell of the carb, I have seen good foam ones too.
Hmmm so i should look for the rep filters online? alright makes sense, i was always searching "polini filter" or "dellorto filter" on Google. Know of any sites I should check out? Thanks

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Hmmm so i should look for the rep filters online? alright makes sense, i was always searching "polini filter" or "dellorto filter" on Google. Know of any sites I should check out? Thanks
You wont get any info either..............Polini racing bikes dont use airfilters they have velocity boxes with no filter inside..............

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You wont get any info either..............Polini racing bikes dont use airfilters they have velocity boxes with no filter inside..............
Yea I know thats what my bike has now and came with when i bought it 10 years ago lol. So i shouldnt bother putting a filter? The area i ride my bike in is reeeaaaally dusty and im worried about my already really old motor getting dirt and debris sucked inside. I think the box is a bit restrictive too now that i have a 4 petal intake since when i run the bike with the carb open no box it runs a slight bit nicer.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Sounds like you need a foam filter w/ a spring inside that you spray with K&H filter oil, like my Walbros w/ 19mm V-stacks. You have to make sure it is 58mm inside where it mounts.
Have one on my 110cc 4 stroke dirt bike, it has an outside cover too for muddy conditions. $28 bucks at PBU, if you want some Real Sick Eye Candy for PBs, check out there site.
Even the cheap hp air filters work pretty good.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Yea I know thats what my bike has now and came with when i bought it 10 years ago lol. So i shouldnt bother putting a filter? The area i ride my bike in is reeeaaaally dusty and im worried about my already really old motor getting dirt and debris sucked inside. I think the box is a bit restrictive too now that i have a 4 petal intake since when i run the bike with the carb open no box it runs a slight bit nicer.
If your bike runs better without the velocity box that means the plug gap,,coil airgap or jetting is off.............If you add an foam or UFO filter itll bog even more........

Your best bet is to drill the airbox holes larger to 3/4" and then use some pantyhose over the airbox or stainless mesh inside of rubber gromets if youre worried about debris getting into the engine..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts