Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've owned a cag for a while now and it has sat in the garage collecting dust for the past 3 years. Just recently got it fired up again and now I have the itch to do some serious performance upgrades. I forgot how fun this bike is! So a few weeks ago I installed the HP carb kit w/velocity stack, CF reed and a cheap chrome pipe that has already lost it's silencer, haha. Can't wait to do some REAL mods! I will post up some pics of my build as I go. If you have any suggestions for me please feel free to send a message. This bike will probably never see the track so keep in mind I'm building it for riding in my neighborhood and parking lots. Hopefully I can convince some of my friends to get one as well!
Thanks,
Andy

Future plans:
-Hydro brake conversion
-BW triple stage reeds
-Rocket Key
-Lightweight flywheel
-3rd bearing clutch bell housing
-Kevlar clutch from PBU
-HK from Sam
-PBU race pipe/stage pipe (not sure?)
-And the list goes on...

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Welcome back Andy! Cant wait to see all the upgrades you have planned, that is going to be one quick little bike!

I've been wanting to add a hydraulic front brake to my C1 (water cooled) for a while now!

Good luck, and post some pictures if you can, I want to see :D:thumbsup:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Andy, what part of California do you live in?? I'm 60 miles northwest of San Francisco. I just put a Pro Jet exhaust on my 49cc Zenoah scooter, got it on Dave's One of a Kind sale last tuesday, $17. Going to post pictures later.
Nick, I got a new set of cag hydraulics brakes, PB Parts, about $50 total, won't fit on my C1, the bolt centers are 46mm, shorter than my Cags. I have the new calipers if you have to old Cag style calipers that kit might work. The stock cal bolts are 51mm c/c. My C1, and Lucky 7 bolt centers are 5mm shorter than my Hydraulic ones and don't see anyway to mod them.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Yeah, I would have to fab up some caliper mounts, but I've got the steel plate sitting in the garage right now, and lots of FREE time!

Nick, I got a new set of cag hydraulics brakes, PB Parts, about $50 total, won't fit on my C1, the bolt centers are 46mm, shorter than my Cags. I have the new calipers if you have to old Cag style calipers that kit might work. The stock cal bolts are 51mm c/c. My C1, and Lucky 7 bolt centers are 5mm shorter than my Hydraulic ones and don't see anyway to mod them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nick! Yeah, it's been a while.
@ EPR: I'm about an hour north of downtown Los Angeles. A small town called Lancaster.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I was raised in Long Beach & San Jose. So, your not to far from Hearst Castle??

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thanks Nick! Yeah, it's been a while.
@ EPR: I'm about an hour north of downtown Los Angeles. A small town called Lancaster.
I subcontracted a 6 month gov't job with Northrop as a riveter through a relative back in 91 before I started college and spent madd time at the fairgrounds down the block with my stretched CR500 racing trike.....I lived in a complex called Danillo Gardens on Challenger Way...Got busted going 129 mph through the M300 blocks in the middle of nowhere in a car that wasnt smog equipment compliant.....lol.....

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Not that it's really a good idea or anything, but...

@ 19 I got pulled by a CHP bike in my brand new Hyundai Accent 1.5 :D

119mph on radar, "Drove" away with a ticket for 91mph <--dodged a bullet!

I still hang that ticket in plain sight, to always remember how not to drive (when cops are around) :p

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thats lucky of you...........lol...The cop wasnt visible because of the heat mirages coming off the blacktop or I would of slowed down if I saw him..My car got impounded and I got a fistful of tickets.......I had to sell the trike to pay for the fines and had just enough loot to get a plane ticket back home....lol.............

Definately not one of my finer moments.........................lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts