Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok s i start my bike a cateye super pocket bike and made a video of me reving the back wheel to send to this guy im sell it to and i cut it off then i came back 10 min later and it wont start and when i pull it moves the back wheel makeing the back wheel turn. how do i fix this inm try to sell this bike

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
ok s i start my bike a cateye super pocket bike and made a video of me reving the back wheel to send to this guy im sell it to and i cut it off then i came back 10 min later and it wont start and when i pull it moves the back wheel makeing the back wheel turn. how do i fix this inm try to sell this bike
Its a busted clutch spring..replace it......

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
how do i stop this from happing again because i would hatte this to happen when i ttadeing my bike
Blueprint the clutch a lil.....Take a small rattail precision file and open up and smooth out the hole in the clutch pads for the spring ends a lil....The raw rough casting digs into the spring causing a fracture point.....

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There are metal and alum arm clutches. I like the alum ones csuse there lighter, you can drill holes in them but the metal arms need a racing spring and holes cause there too heavy.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the spring didnt come off the cluth bolt the both of them came loose

and it start up again thnxs so much

but it wont take off anymore i hit the thottle and kick off and then it slows down to like 2 mph and im like what what happen and how do i fix it

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
the spring didnt come off the cluth bolt the both of them came loose

and it start up again thnxs so much

but it wont take off anymore i hit the thottle and kick off and then it slows down to like 2 mph and im like what what happen and how do i fix it
try resetting the carb needles to factory settings or changing the sparkplug.........I hope you put loctite on the screws,,,theyll get loose again twice as easy...

LSN ............1 1/2

HSN ............1 1/2

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah also but i didnt change the setting it i was going fast like a day ago so my seeting would be the some right because i just tune it like tuesday no lie i took it for a spin check my to check my top speed i work good then i bout on the faring and it wount go fast no more idk
any thing else i will retune it but can u think of any thing else

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
yeah also but i didnt change the setting it i was going fast like a day ago so my seeting would be the some right because i just tune it like tuesday no lie i took it for a spin check my to check my top speed i work good then i bout on the faring and it wount go fast no more idk
any thing else i will retune it but can u think of any thing else
Try changing the sparkplug.Before you start up any 2 stroke bike with gas left in the tank youre supposed to thoroughly mix the fuel by shaking the bike because 2 stroke oil settles and the oil goes to the bottom where the fuel pickup is....If you dont remix the fuel you burn a higher concentration of oil to gas which will ultimately cause poor running and fouled sparkplugs.........

Theres a good possibility your coil could be crapping out too...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how long do i shake it for 30sec a min

also i just checkthe spark is purple

also the tip of the spark plug is like ashsh grey so i thing it fouled out

what do u think

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
how long do i shake it for 30sec a min

also i just checkthe spark is purple

also the tip of the spark plug is like ashsh grey so i thing it fouled out

what do u think
Ash grey.............too lean of fuel mixture,,change the plug and richen the hsn 1/4 turn

Purple spark is good

Yes you shake the bike for 30 seconds to 45secs and then pump the primer bulb.............This allows fresh properly mixed fuel to be utilized by the carb and efficiently burned by the engine

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is the hsn the one on top because i just tighten every thing

so is ti the top screw r the bottem

is can i just ajust the air screw so i dont have to take every thing off

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
is the hsn the one on top because i just tighten every thing

so is ti the top screw r the bottem

is can i just ajust the air screw so i dont have to take every thing off
The HSN is on the side of the carb....LSN is on top......Another thing to check is to make sure the carb didnt loosen up or the plastic intake didnt crack...airleaks cause lean-outs too....

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
So. That what casing my slow run right

Also I thought that was a lot of smoke and it smell eerie. More like my oil I use

If you run too lean you cannot burn enough fuel to make true power...Having the proper air to fuel ratio makes the power...Im pretty sure being too lean is your problem but like I said there could be other variables like a leaky carb gasket,,loose carb or cracked plastic intake manifold.........If none are present then richening the HSN and possibly the LSN too a tad along with changing the sparkplug will work out pretty good.....

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
can 2 it still going slow whats next
Try resetting the carb back to factory settings or taking a can of carb cleaner and finding an airleak which is most likely in your situation ATM....Its easy to get an airleak and hard to find or diagnose....You start up the engine and spray around the intake manifold and carb base...If the engine changes pitch in idle or starts to stall theres an airleak..........

Another thing that comes to mind is you ran it so lean it weakened the compression...If you can get a compression reading id do it and post the numbers......Did you replace the sparkplug?..NGK BPM7A gapped to .030"

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.