Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to get the GFs sister an X-18 for Christmas, since she is in love with mine.

Bought it for $200 fully running. I was happy with the purchase, but there is always room for upgrades!

This is how I bought her:

This is how it was this morning (stripped):

And this is after sanding, cleaning, paint:

And a shot of her X-18 with mine:

I sanded lots of rust off of the metal around the cluster and the muffler, I also

installed a new key switch ignition on her X-18 today.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
750 Posts
Looks great! Great deal for $200.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! It definitely was a nice deal for $200, running with all of the plastics!

And I love the purple paint as well! I'm thinking about doing my bike in the same type of "anodized" look paint, just is a light blue like it is now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
that is a good deal
now that you got the pretty, are you gonna do the safety and reliability?
+1 on all of what Blitz said. $200 is a great deal! But dont forget about the safety! New, name brand (non-chinese) tires are a HUGE improvement, and you can find some for pretty cheap ($35 or less per tire). Also, new EBC front brake pads will give you much better stopping power. Only $25 a set. http://www.amazon.com/2002-Senior-FRONT-BRAKE-190AD/dp/B0089EP5WC

Looking good so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.