Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Do you have a digital multimeter? If so check to see if youre getting power to the handlebar switch and power coming from the keyswitch....

do a continuity test on the fuse holder to make sure its good......

im gonna guess and say your switch contacts are tarnished.

The solenoid only activates the starter motor......

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so the light wont turn on so when i turn the switch the bike turn onthe bike wont turn on with out the keyswith turn on so how do i test without a meter is that possible i really want to get this lights working to day

also if the handle bars dont get power what do i replace.

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
222 Posts
theres no other way.....

this sounds like another classic example of a cateye that's going to nickle and dime you... have you considered switching bikes???

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
ok so the light wont turn on so when i turn the switch the bike turn onthe bike wont turn on with out the keyswith turn on so how do i test without a meter is that possible i really want to get this lights working to day

also if the handle bars dont get power what do i replace.
If the handlebar switch doesnt get power you need to look into the fuse holder.....Pull the plug on the fuse holder and put a jumper wire in the harness plug to bypass the fuse to see if thats the problem........

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
last thing so how does the speedmeter work on this bike there no manget thnks every got it to work

Its actually an rpm gauge on a cateye but they slap an MPH gauge face on it...the pulses coming from the generator goes through the module box ,, the module box does a conversion on a lil chip and fed into the gauge to guestimate the speed youre going...............

What did you find wrong with your bike?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Good job staying with it, got to stay on top of these bikes, and check the bolts & connections from time to time,lol.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i really need help know so i was rinding my pocket bike and i crashed other then my sholder i am ok but my left brake broke i can buy a new one easy but i can get the headlight,turn,horn handle/switch off so i can put the new brake on how do i do it

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's a pretty good price on the exhaust, it's a good all round performance pipe, better than a stock pipe. Looks like the controller you need.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.