Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Isn't that much besides ebay. Your probably gonna have to fab one or customize one to fit your needs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wassup guys I'm new to pbp and to the pocket rockets I have a 47cc pocket bike and want to do a couple things to it so I'll be asking question to get your opinion on it. I got pictures on my profile

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I think after 3 post you can upload five 512KB or less photos and a 90Kb or less avatar photo. Do you have a Cag MT-A1 or A2 , half or full body?? If you search on eBay, you might find a good deal. The S shaped Pro Jet SS exhaust run around $60, $70 dollars plus S/H some want $100. If you can find one direct from China, you get a much better deal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think after 3 post you can upload five 512KB or less photos and a 90Kb or less avatar photo. Do you have a Cag MT-A1 or A2 , half or full body?? If you search on eBay, you might find a good deal. The S shaped Pro Jet SS exhaust run around $60, $70 dollars plus S/H some want $100. If you can find one direct from China, you get a much better deal.
I talked to the guy at venom motorsports with the new x19, he would give me the tachometer, and muffler for $50 each. I saw a pic of a bike you had with the same gauge cluster and it looked sexy. How did you hook up the tachometer? The bikes tail at the time was being worked on btw. That's why the tail section is missing.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have a dual tip piece here somewhere, it came with some good used X19 front tubes I got from a member here. It has a U into one pipe probably for a smaller Cag type bike, can't remember the size of the pipe. The 2 pipe exhaust they copied off a real motor cycle, just like everything else, it does nothing it's just for looks. My X18 has a HP side exhaust for racing, $189 MSRP. Got it on a sale out, from PB Parts in Florida, it would have been $20 S/H but I ordered $100, got 10% off and got the pipe for $69.95
My stock X18 pipe I modified the muffler section, it's a bunch of baffles. The very end of it has a little pipe, that I drilled a bunch of 1/8" completely around it and broke it out and clean it up. I had this 12" long 1/4" drill & I drilled all the holes I could in the rear baffle and anything else I could reach, it was louder after I was done. The stock exhaust was right under your but, and it can get warm, lol.
Anyway, You have a 4 stroke, all you need is 12" to 24" of pipe off the head exhaust port, so you don't warp a valve after you turn off the engine. I would cut and mod your head pipe to run under the bike, and get a small motorcycle chrome glass pack w/ slashed tip & run it out the right side. Might need a pipe adapter to go from 7/8" to 1 1/2" to the pack to get it to fit. My side pipe it loud, it only has an alum muffler case packed with fiberglass or something similar.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just going to get the muffler. Although the new x19 has the same 110 engine, I don't really trust it being the same dimensions as mine. I'm just going to cut in off at the U and weld that one at the U. Do you know anyone looking for a stock x19 muffler?
Aaaannnd how did you hook up that tachometer?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
For $30 to $40 online you can get a TTO Gauge. There real small, I have both the Temp and RPM ones. The RPM in which is battery powered has one a wire off the gauge & with special end raps around your spark plug wire 3 or 4 times. There also mountable. My Temp Gauge, at the end of the wire is a flat round copper washer shaped piece that goes under the spark plug. On eBay search for TTO Gauges.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was looking to hook up one similar looking to the x22 pocket bike. I was hoping that the gauge I do get at least come with the right hook-ups

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You got $150 or $200 for a Venom Gauge plus more for sensors for water temp etc.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$50 for venom gauge cluster. The only issue I have is how the heck I'm going to put a tach on a non tach bike? It should be some what simple considering the venom is a 110. Who knows.... I'm buying it anyways along with the venom exhaust .

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Search eBay for crf50 exhaust. There you will find some China made exhaust sometimes just the exhaust cans for cheap.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
those little tachs have a rpm wire that goes to your spark plug and it measures the spark pulses to get your rpm, very simple

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I can't even see the gauges on my X18, I cut the windshield down and my body is on the tank & my head is past the W shield and the throttle wide open. I only hook them up when I am testing or tuning.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
epr, ya that's how you ride fast, unless your small enough to tuck, I'm not
the stock one isn't worth seeing anyway
ive seen the vapor in action but was limited to lap timing and things like that due to placement also
maybe If I made a front fender mount for it...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can tuck now with now fairings and I hit my speedometer limit of 62 mph. I know when I could tuck with fairings, the bike went a lot faster than without. I would also think that the x19 would be easier to tuck considering how tall the front fairing is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts