Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't seem like many people have posted info in the "Regions Forum". All of the sponsored racing events in Ohio have passed. Let's get together some parkinglot events and have some fun racing or stunting or something! Riding by yourself sucks! I'm on the Ohio State Campus, we've got plenty of lots to ride in... were you at Columbus?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ritchey79 said:
It doesn't seem like many people have posted info in the "Regions Forum". All of the sponsored racing events in Ohio have passed. Let's get together some parkinglot events and have some fun racing or stunting or something! Riding by yourself sucks! I'm on the Ohio State Campus, we've got plenty of lots to ride in... were you at Columbus?
from youngstown here. we have about 5 people with bikes

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ginxd00 said:
Canton area about 7 of us here.
I'm originally from Canton. I went to Perry and graduated back in '97. I seen that the Pocketbike Central website was hosted in Canton but it's down for some reason, sucks I never got to check it out. Anyway I'm gonna be in Canton this weekend for Labor day. If you guys are gonna be riding let me know. Were do you normally ride at up there anyways? Drop me and email at [email protected]

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is SO many places to ride in Columbus, wish i'd live there. Well anyways i live around the NW and i'm planning to purchase my first pocketbike, which my parents approve of (YES) and I was just wondering what the laws are for Ohio pocketbikes, like can we ride them on sidewalks, or whatever. Oh yeah here's the pocket bike i think i'm gonna buy---->http://www.buyscooteronline.com/49cc-gas-pocket-bike-801040.html

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else in the Columbus area got a PB and want to ride? IM me at Ritchey79

·
Council Member
370 Posts
Lots of Local Racing!

For all of you Ohio riders. You are located within two hours of some of the best tracks for PB's in the country! Also, the USMGP National Series is based in MEdina, Ohio( I am the President) We are in the process of working on some local tracks to ride on and we have a parking lot in WWadsworth where we are allowed to ride. My name is Chuck Shorie (A.K.A Fastline#1) Dave Knop who runs Pocketbike Central is located in Canton. Please email me at [email protected]
See You Soon!
CHuck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chuck, when are you going to have the race at circleville again?

Fastline#1 said:
For all of you Ohio riders. You are located within two hours of some of the best tracks for PB's in the country! Also, the USMGP National Series is based in MEdina, Ohio( I am the President) We are in the process of working on some local tracks to ride on and we have a parking lot in WWadsworth where we are allowed to ride. My name is Chuck Shorie (A.K.A Fastline#1) Dave Knop who runs Pocketbike Central is located in Canton. Please email me at [email protected]
See You Soon!
CHuck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any Columbus, Ohio Riders?
Ritchey, I live about 30 miles from Columbus toward Springfield and would love to do some riding. My son and I have bikes and would love to do a little racing with someone besides each other.

Also I would love to ride at a "track", I have been to the track in Circleville but I did not see anthing that indicated that they had a class for pocketbikes. This was primarily for the ysr 50's and some other 50cc models.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nastro34 said:
Any Columbus, Ohio Riders?
Ritchey, I live about 30 miles from Columbus toward Springfield and would love to do some riding. My son and I have bikes and would love to do a little racing with someone besides each other.

Also I would love to ride at a "track", I have been to the track in Circleville but I did not see anthing that indicated that they had a class for pocketbikes. This was primarily for the ysr 50's and some other 50cc models.
I spoke with the lady at the Circleville Speedway kart track and was told taht they have open practice all day everyday through the week, and kart racing on weekends. She also said that Wensday is the day that most PBer's show up to the track. It's only $10 to ride all day long, and if they get a buch of different bike they wil seperate us into classes.
I'm planning on arranging a test and tune meet and greet sometime later this october before the weather changes for the worse. It will most likely be on a Wensday. Myself and others that I have spoe to are planning on taking of work for the day. I'll let you know and post an invitation on here for everyone to come out once a final date is decided on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Did she indicate what time that they would close? The reason I ask is that I doubt I would be able to take the day off and I genrally do not get off work until 2:30 and it is about a 40 minute drive. I would love to do this so please let me know.

Thank you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BlataB1Honda76 said:
Any One Close To Massillon Ohio Want To Ride
Just missed you. I was in Canton for the weekend. I should have checked my email, you could have rode with me and my friends that live up there.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some friends and I will be at Circleville Raceway Park this Saturday Oct 30th, weather permitting. http://home.columbus.rr.com/circleville/ It looks as though the rain is going to hold off till Saturday night. I need to call and double check but there's nothing scheduled for saturday so we should have open practice to ourselves and maybe a few karts and YSR's. Should be $10 entrance fee for open practice all day. If anyone has any questions PM me. If it rains Saturday then I will be there on Sunday for sure. Hope to see some of you guys there.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Open practice hours on Saturday are from 11:00 to 5:00 weather permitting. I'll be there with some friends, hope to see some of you there.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay it's been moved to Sunday Oct. 31 at Circleville, 11:00am to 5:00pm. Should be a great day of racing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
New Cag class at Circleville.....

Wow! My son and I started a Cag class at Circleville Raceway Park at the end of the summer and it is great to see others in Columbus into this! My son and I (he's 130lbs and I'm 200) both have Cag's and love them. Circleville is closed for the winter but the track owner is letting us form a class for next year to be run on the same days as the Karts run (right now it is about 12 Kart classes and us... a single 47cc Cag class... no weight breakdowns so us fat guys race with the kids! The racing is usually every Saturday or Sunday and is very organized. It is an absolute blast as there are always plenty of spectors and the Kart guys love to watch us in the pits and track.
The only rules are bike must remain stock pipe, carb, engine guts... with mods allowed to the gearing. We want to keep the cost sane... unlike the $5,000 I had in my Briggs Kart when I raced Karts there...
Safety Equipment...Snell Helmet, Gloves, Elbow and Knee protection (mx stuff works great... Iron Pony has the best deals in town), and numbers on front fairing/rear tail, and a decent set of shoes.
Hey, we need to stay in practice... Where is the track in Newark? We'll be there this weekend! email me at [email protected] Also, we are about 10mins. from Circleville so if the weather is good, call us and we'll meet you there! Bob and Chase!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Circleville Raceway Park races organizing for 2005

My son and I are about 10 mins. from Circleville and would love to meet anyone going down to Circleville Raceway Park to practice. We were introduced to the sport by Chuck at Fastline after my son took his rider's course down here at Circleville last summer held in conjunction with USMGP's race... We tied to get a class formed there last summer but only managed to get the minimum 3 bikes to show up for the race dates for the last 3 weekends of the season... Hey, if there are this many Cag's in central Ohio, we ought to be able to start 10-20 bikes in the class come spring. I was the only adult riding and it was my son and all his buddies with cags... These kids would kick my butt cause they were so light!

I am an ex Kart guy there and this is the biggest bang for the buck out there in racing... hell, I race mountain bikes to (the kind you pedal) and I busted more stuff on my mountain bike during a race than I do on these Chinese Cag copies!

Anyway, please email me ([email protected])if you would like to race cags (or any other P.B. class) down there... I am going to get an email newsletter going to everyone who wants to know whats planned there. Races are ususally every weekend. I know Steve Tatman, the owner, and he's wondering how many people might show for actual races to be run on the same days (Saturdays/Sundays) Karts are racing. It will be 2 heats and a feature race. Cost last year was $10 pit pass and $25 race entry fee. There was about 10 Kart classes and just one cag class. Computer sets grid position for first heat, reverse order for second heat, and feature grid depending on success in first 2 heats. Lots of spectators on race day... I loved to Kart there as the track is beauiful... PB's are even more fun as everyone seems to stop what they are doing in the pits to watch us run... We were doing "shifter Kart" style standing starts from your grid position for the races.

Great thing about these are that the 'attitude" that most of the Kart guys seem to have is not there for the PB classes... Hell, I'm having so much fun out there I don't have time to worry about some kid chopping down on me in the corner... In a Kart that was cause for a brawl back in the pits!

Anyway, any of you Columbus guys need any welding or machining done (I know, Cags should come with a built in welder) , I have a small machine and fabrication shop down here and would be happy to help... gotten pretty good with cag mods and work cheap (beer).

Take care,
John Baemel
614-580-0422

1 - 20 of 109 Posts