Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do some group rides with some midbikes. I have an x19 i'm trying to make street legal. Wanted to know if anyone in the community lived in the northern VA area. I live near Leeseburg so west virginia, DC, and PA are a short ride.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
like moped legal or big bike legal?
since mine is moped tagged I was gonna go to a moped ride/gather and show them zuma boys whats up, I would expect to be the only or very few midbikes, and the fastest for sure :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you at? Moped for me because they will overlook a lot and i'm 16 so my permit won't allow me to ride alone.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's strange, in Ca. at 15 1/2 you can ride a small motorcycle, but you can not ride passengers. Driving a car have to have someone 21 or 25 years old.
A member here way back, in PA. got Tags & Reg. on an X bike registered as a scooter. Maybe in W. VA. also.
My X18 is not even close to legal, seat to low, speedo no good, lights not bright enough blinkers that and not far enough apart, tires not legal and on & on. Online, for $1,300 to my door I got a CA. rode legal 150cc Honda clone GY6 scooter, love it, does 60 MPH and has a trunk and space under the seat, building an extra engine into a 180cc hp hot rod engine.
For around $2,000 you can get a CA., and they are strict here, road legal 250cc Vertical Honda clone road/dirt bike w/ blinkers and lights and the whole deal, Tags and insurance and your on the road legal. Go to the VA. DMV and get a Motorcycle Handbook, it covers, gas engine bicycles, Mo Peds, scooters and small engines under 50cc. For my small gas scooter the last thing in the book on it, No Modified Exhausts, lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will die trying. I believe I can do it. Everything I have is legal except the seat height. I'll just tape a booster seat when I get the inspection.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I will die trying. I believe I can do it. Everything I have is legal except the seat height. I'll just tape a booster seat when I get the inspection.
I raised my x19 about 2 inches by installing shock extenders in the rear and getting a 90/90-10 Kenda front tire and also flipping the top triple tree clamp upside down and sliding them up the forks an extra inch. My rear tire is a 130/70-10 but I'm pretty sure you can fit a 130/90-10 with a longer chain.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you need help let me know. You don't have to get rid of the stock speedo either. It'll just be bolted on top of the triple tree clamp instead of underneath now.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That looks very nice. Please be kind enough to post pics of your install, wiring, etc. How much was it and where did you purchase it?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts