Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got ahold of this awhile back, looking to fix and clean up if its worth it ?? But cant
do anything without knowing make & model !!

Was told
mta-1(cag) or mta-3 (full fairing cag) ??

Anyone else confirm this PLEASE !!

------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
488 Posts
Its a cag or full fairing pocket bike. Parts are everywhere and they are easy enough to mod. Whats your budget for parts?
I assume the code is mta-1(cag) or mta-3 (full fairing cag)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My budget is ok, I will be able to buy what I need, but it might not be all at once !
How do I find out if its a
mta-1(cag) or mta-3 (full fairing cag) ? What is the Difference between these ? ( a 47cc vs. a 49cc )

·
Super Moderator
2,179 Posts
It's a gen1 half faring CAG if that's the original engine it's more then likely the 47cc the 47 cc engine has a higher RPM making it have a higher top speed where the 49cc has more torque to carry you out of turns they stopped making the 47cc because everyone thinks bigger is better.

·
Registered
488 Posts
A cag is a mx3 (mta3) with a half fairing. If you switched the fairing and move the brackets, you can turn a mx3 into a cag. Start off with some basic bolt on mods and build up the motor when it blows. I still have a ton of parts from when i was trying to start a racing league out here. I still laugh about the league not getting off its feet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A cag is a mx3 (mta3) with a half fairing. If you switched the fairing and move the brackets, you can turn a mx3 into a cag. Start off with some basic bolt on mods and build up the motor when it blows. I still have a ton of parts from when i was trying to start a racing league out here. I still laugh about the league not getting off its feet!
Are you selling those parts ? Do you have what I need to just get this on the street and blow this engine ? lol

·
Registered
488 Posts
Are you selling those parts ? Do you have what I need to just get this on the street and blow this engine ? lol
What does it need?
I'd start with bolt ons - better reed -bigger jet - lightened flywheel - better exhaust. When it blows, get a better big bore kit with a better design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts