Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one run one of these poop pipes before and know if it gives any top end gain???

I can't remember if it was the banana pipe or the poop pipe that gives top end
Tool Hand tool Metal Fashion accessory Household hardware

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Well I haven't personally tested one of these but this looks like the X1 fatty pipe, not the poop pipe. Lol

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I honestly want to test one of these pipes but I think I'm going to go for the X1 skinny pipe first

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to put it on my X7 it's just ported and polished nothing to extreme

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I think it would be really cool. I remember seeing some bikes on here and old threads that had that pipe. Probably nobody that on here anymore. It's very similar to the snake pipe for the cag, I would assume it has similar performance

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it would be really cool. I remember seeing some bikes on here and old threads that had that pipe. Probably nobody that on here anymore. It's very similar to the snake pipe for the cag, I would assume it has similar performance
I thought this was the snake pipe.
The flexible down tube is like a 🐍
Auto part Font Metal Tool Fashion accessory

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded monster)
224 Posts
I thought this was the snake pipe.
The flexible down tube is like a 🐍 View attachment 160716
I used this pipe on my 80cc motorized bicycle and was surprised how quiet it was. As for performance it definitely beat the stock pipe that they come with (stock exhaust for bike kits are absolute garbage) there's definitely better options for power, such as a tuned pipe. I feel like the biggest flaw in it's design is having the expansion chamber so far away from the motor it hinders the scavaging property. If you're looking for all around adaptability and a quiet ride it's a great option!

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used this pipe on my 80cc motorized bicycle and was surprised how quiet it was. As for performance it definitely beat the stock pipe that they come with (stock exhaust for bike kits are absolute garbage) there's definitely better options for power, such as a tuned pipe. I feel like the biggest flaw in it's design is having the expansion chamber so far away from the motor it hinders the scavaging property. If you're looking for all around adaptability and a quiet ride it's a great option!
Right on I just saw one on the internet it's called the black viper.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah I mean don't get me wrong it's a good rugged reliable pipe for sure but in terms of performance gains I'd say it's middle of the road. The coolest thing about the poo poo pipe (yes that's what the bendy exhausts are referred to as lol) is they're flexible so you can adapt them to pretty much any application. The downfall to the performance besides the distance between expansion chamber and motor is the flexible section isn't smooth, the inner pipe is ribbed to allow flex, so turbulence occurs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My recommendation for all out performance gains (on motorized bicycle kits anyway) is this bad boy. This pipe makes a world of difference throughout the powerband and although it's loud, like straight pipe loud, it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd say for an x7 the poo poo pipe would probably be comparable to the stock as far as performance goes. The snake style one you depicted at the beginningof the thread should liven it up considerably however, larger expansion chamber for maximum scavaging.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
One of those Chinese websites still has them, Alibaba whatever. My buddy was quoted for one, obviously shipping was insane but inquired about more and then that was the last I heard about it

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of those Chinese websites still has them, Alibaba whatever. My buddy was quoted for one, obviously shipping was insane but inquired about more and then that was the last I heard about it
They will onley re-manufacture if you order the bulk amount then on top of it you have to pay the Biden tariffs that's about 25%

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yep. That's why I want to modify stuff thats already in the states
I'd like to see someone modify one of those tuned fat belly pipes for a motorized bicycle and adapt that to a cag... I bet that would add some pep to its step!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That would be cool, but I think it would be easier to use one of those 50cc scooter pipes that are all over eBay for about fifty or sixty dollars. They have at least a straight belly.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That would be cool, but I think it would be easier to use one of those 50cc scooter pipes that are all over eBay for about fifty or sixty dollars. They have at least a straight belly.
Definitely the way to go these are mutch better pipes unfortunately they do require modification to work on a pocket bike.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts