Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering is there any way of getting rid of rust off my x2 frame before painting it flat black or at least get some of it off ?

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
A wire wheel on a drill and patience ......

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Hey, I actually have some "rust" paint. It's a three- or four-part application I found at a paint shop for artistically "rusting" things that can be used on wood, plastic, and of course, metal. You lay down a clear coat first, spread on the compound with the iron filings in it, put on the activator, then seal everything up with another clear coat. I have a couple of model trains that look like they've been sitting out in the forest for a while, just rusting away ....

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Nah, that's not it ... I got the stuff out in the garage in a box somewhere .. have to find it again. Neat stuff, works well for antiquing.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Today I was cruising Home Depot for supplies and ran across this paint and figured what the heck;-Lets see if it actually works...............

And it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had a rusty set of forks that the chromer wanted $190 to chrome plate............$5 bucks for a can and $4 bucks for a pack of sandpaper and voila no priming required and done in one hour...........................Just a scuffing with 150 grit sandpaper and a good wipedown......

Tomorrow Im gonna paint the frame and let dry,,then Im gonna wetsand and clear coat the forks only................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts