Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to convert my dual rear wheel APC mini-chopper to a single rear wheel?
What type of rim, tire, spacers, etc.....
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
The parts needed are no longer available to do it you need a fs509 cat eye as a parts bike your going to need most of the rear wheel assembly. And brakes

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have never owned one of those but I would assume some sort of mini bike rear wheel and brake setup would work. That's going to be trial and error. See what you can find on your local selling apps in used condition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parts needed are no longer available to do it you need a fs509 cat eye as a parts bike your going to need most of the rear wheel assembly. And brakes
Thanks for your help. I guess I'll keep the dual wheel setup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never owned one of those but I would assume some sort of mini bike rear wheel and brake setup would work. That's going to be trial and error. See what you can find on your local selling apps in used condition.
Thanks for your help. I guess I'll keep the dual wheel setup.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Them dual wheels are dangerous, have to lean right to go left, is ok in a straight line. If you find a wide Cateye rear wheel, you can make your own axle spacers from water pipe or....... might have a different disc and make your own brake bracket.. Depends on how mechanical you are and what tools you have to work with.

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Them dual wheels are dangerous, have to lean right to go left, is ok in a straight line. If you find a wide Cateye rear wheel, you can make your own axle spacers from water pipe or....... might have a different disc and make your own brake bracket.. Depends on how mechanical you are and what tools you have to work with.
I rode one with the double back wheel it was sketchy to say the least I don't understand how people can think it's going to be more stable like that??? It would definitely be worth the trouble too fabricate some way of putting pit bike wheels or mini bike wheels on it and locking out the rear suspension turning it into a hardtail.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah probably would be easier. If you ever get the itch to try, look in the some mini bike wheels but I do know that they are expensive. A friend of mine had to buy a rim and tire combo and paid $150 for brand new one. But I would just see if you can find something from your used Market in your area. Cuz you don't want to pick up something at Harbor Freight that's like a wheelbarrow rim, they can't hold up to the speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts