Pocketbike Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 320 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
don't hesitate now that it's been posted here it will be gone fast...
Exactly...The Op has no idea how wanted those rear wheels are besides the single rear wheel....LOL

One thing I found out is that the dual rear wheel from the electric model is better than the dual rear wheel gas model but still designed crappily.

The other day I was fixing the busted razor PR200 front rims that are on my Homeade RC Buggy and noticed that the dual tire rim halves arent notched so they fit together tightly like the razor electric rims do but whats funny is the outside lip of the Razor Rims are 3mm and the Electric mini Harley rims are alot thicker at 5mm's but the way they carve out the outside lip a lil its more like 1.5mm's of rim lip strength on one of those halves which might be from a miniquad..LOL

By not notching the rims it makes interchangeability a lot easier but it also puts a lot of stress on those cheesy lil 3 pot metal screws holding the rim halves together under proper tire pressure aswell as rider weight and riding speed stress.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
it's like the head on my savage 650 when you find one that is not all chewed up from oil starvation from running it on the kickstand you just instantly buy it...

any way yes when I rode one I could feal the binding back there when the two tires are both on the ground and your slightly turning defentley not ment for a 200lb guy ridding it thows little wheels are definitely going to crack and start crumbling with that poorly mixed aluminum thats not fluxed out slaged off and has brass and other junk metal thrown in it for filler 🙂

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
it's like the head on my savage 650 when you find one that is not all chewed up from oil starvation from running it on the kickstand you just instantly buy it...

any way yes when I rode one I could feal the binding back there when the two tires are both on the ground and your slightly turning defentley not ment for a 200lb guy ridding it thows little wheels are definitely going to crack and start crumbling with that poorly mixed aluminum thats not fluxed out slaged off and has brass and other junk metal thrown in it for filler 🙂
I have a DR650 with 780 bigbore kit.It almost has the the same type problems as the SV650.

I was told by a tech at Suzuk to never run synthetic oil in them and after I went with the BBK I found out that the cam chain tensioner coupled with wrong type oil and oil filter was the combined culprits to the reason why those engines screeched when kept on the side stand too long.

The main fact is them engines require engine oil with alot of Zinc in it.......

Paper element oil filters suck.You need to use the metal screen type or a high flow K&N..

They sell an upgraded cam chain tensioner too but its not cheap......

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
The old bikes don't like synthetics and they took zinc out of all the conventional motor oils for unknown reasons so that zinc additive is a lifesaver for anything that has a flat tappet valve train...

I would definitely put in zinc additive in any Honda clone pocket bike engine as well...

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
The old bikes don't like synthetics and they took zinc out of all the conventional motor oils for unknown reasons so that zinc additive is a lifesaver for anything that has a flat tappet valve train...

I would definitely put in zinc additive in any Honda clone pocket bike engine as well...
Thats because if you take away the additive that keeps older stuff alive it will die quicker and hopefully the owner will see it as junk and perpetuate the cycle by buying another vehicle.

I just keep this stuff called Z-max on the shelf and add a couple ounces to the crankcase of all my stuff.

Back when I was a kid my mother brought home this stuff called TMT made by the Sperry Owens Company from where she worked.

It had a high concentration of Zinc and was used as an additive in the oiling systems for jet turbine engine bearings.

My dad used to buy it by the case seeings he found out the stuff enhanced the machine parts in his machine shop plus he used the stuff in the company vehicles too..

I used to use it in everything I owned up until we couldnt get it anymore through the manufacturing plant here on Long Island when DuPont who supplied them with one of the key components in TMT decided to capitalize on their own version of the stuff cutting Sperry Owens off...

I think a couple years later they came out with a Super TMT but its wasnt the same....

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Called mefast to purchase the rear wheel assembly and he dosen't have it. Sounded like the wheels were never there to Begin with.............

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
those wheels are highly sought after they stoped makeing them in 2006 when you see them you buy them or someone will swoop in

the ones you posted are correct but it also says sold out

you can repair the ones you have with halves off the mini quad its going to be a really tough to find a set...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Give us the number off your bearing, like 6302etc.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Give us the number off your bearing, like 6302etc.
He has the 10mm bearings.He has already bought the 290mm x 10mm replacement axle then discovered the rims were jacked up if I remember right without havin to go back n re-read myself..

His dilemma is the ad says the rims use a 12mm axle....The info is off but if he wanted he can use the 12mm axle type too..

The 12mm axle still has 10mm threaded ends that are stepped down and the beefier axle will deflect less when making turns with the dual rear wheel setup..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You made it thru the Polar Vortex, lol, -51 degrees, Crazy. With dual rear wheels, I would want a 12mm axle if possible. Can you modify the frame rear arms to use a 12mm axle all the way thru??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all and thanks for accepting me to the forum.

I've got myself mini chopper which will need some help.

Will need replacement front rim, so any advice about replacement type and source will be very appreciated:

Also have one of the front fork brackets broken:

Have to figure out replacement or repair.

Really like ideas shared on 14 previous pages. Could use some advice/part numbers for converting rear brakes from drum to disk.
I was able to start the bike before disassembling for cleaning/inspection. So I guess for the engine I will change oil, change chain and this should be it for now.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Hi all and thanks for accepting me to the forum.

I've got myself mini chopper which will need some help.

Will need replacement front rim, so any advice about replacement type and source will be very appreciated:

Also have one of the front fork brackets broken:

Have to figure out replacement or repair.

Really like ideas shared on 14 previous pages. Could use some advice/part numbers for converting rear brakes from drum to disk.
I was able to start the bike before disassembling for cleaning/inspection. So I guess for the engine I will change oil, change chain and this should be it for now.
Welcome to the forum.....That bike looks like its spent its days sitting in a very humid spot...

As far as the parts you need and seek I happen to have a complete front wheel with front brake rotor and caliper and I also have a dual rearwheel rimhalf with disc brake rotor already installed...I even have the chain that's needed.......

For the fork clamp thats gonna be the hardest thing to find......Had you joined a couple days prior there was a member giving away a whole frame with forks for free...

Good Luck and PM me if interested in buying the other parts....

·
Registered
8 Posts
CAM2, thanks for the quick reply! I cannot figure put how to send PM, only visitors messages. If you could PM me, I will reply with my address to estimated shipping cost for the front rim.

Yes, the poor bike spent some winter time in the shack with the salt bags. Still can be saved, I guess.

Most of the parts already cleaned from the rust via electochemical process.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Don't think the outside is the problem, how is the inside of the tubes. I would take all that crap off and paint them. For a PM click on the RED title name in any ones post and then click from the menu, private message.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
CAM2, thanks for the quick reply! I cannot figure put how to send PM, only visitors messages. If you could PM me, I will reply with my address to estimated shipping cost for the front rim.

Yes, the poor bike spent some winter time in the shack with the salt bags. Still can be saved, I guess.

Most of the parts already cleaned from the rust via electochemical process.

Very nice.......I myself would've bead blasted them with crushed walnut shell abrasive then prime n paint them but dome times you just don't have access to one and have to do the next best thing....

As far as the front rim it's gonna be quite a search for it and don't feel I'd be able to find it given my many storage places...i found all the other stuff so I really don't know...all the usual spots where I put stuff like that are bare...sometimes my brother needs and takes stuff too....

·
Registered
8 Posts
No worries about the wheel. If you'll find it, we'll talk, otherwise I'll see if I can work with what I have or find some replacement.

I've used electrolysis to get rid from rust for smaller parts and sanding and phosphoric acid treatment for fork. Will post photos later.

261 - 280 of 320 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.