Pocketbike Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Very cool, CAM2!
My project is moving slowly. Have to source rubber primer for carb (the original one is cracked) or better to buy a new carb? In the end it's only $15. Also looking what material to use for exhaust gasket.

Thanks a lot...Almost everything was gleaned from junk bikes.....The chain was literally the only thing I bought...…..

Alot of the extra left over parts went into building this....

And this....I put the other half of the band brake rim on the sprocket side and added a spin-on 17tth freewheel sprocket to the bandbrake hub and melded the 17tth freewheel with a 38tth rear sprocket

A new primer bulb you can get from Home Depot...........

Or you can get both from ebay or the local mowershop.........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-Prim...152267?hash=item1a7e4d69cb:g:j~4AAOSwsXpdCJi~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Muffler-Ex...457750?hash=item260cea9656:g:uPMAAOSwZNtcDzGm

Keep up the good work and Good luck......

Oh BTW.....Are you still looking for that front rim....?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Do you guys think this would work for a back tire and rim to replace the dually on the apc mini chopper?
No....you would be better off buying a set of 6.5" cag wheels or atleast the rear.......

The rim you have pictured is the same exact width as a single rear wheel from your current setup.The rear would look like you just removed the rear tire on the left and will need to put like a 5" spacer on the left side so you can hook the chain up properly . ...

The rear rim needs to be something like 8 - 9" from sprocket to brake hub.....

Attachments

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
can I see a few photos of ur wireing please?
I would gladly do that except that my twin engine dragbike has only has a double killswitch setup

I have a easy to follow quick n easy schematic to thinning down the troublesome wiring then piggybacking on the lighting afterwards...

That's why I said to get a multimeter.....pictures will mean virtually nothing....

EPR posted a schematic. ..if you can't follow that I suggest the easy to do schematic that's so easy a 12 year old can do....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks a lot...Almost everything was gleaned from junk bikes.....The chain was literally the only thing I bought...…..

Oh BTW.....Are you still looking for that front rim....?

Thanks, kids fixed the broken one. Will see how this will hold, there is not much stress so I assume it should be OK

·
Registered
8 Posts
can I see a few photos of ur wireing please?
Will do a bit later as now it's all in pieces.
A few photos I have before disassembly attached.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cam 2, Thanks again for your help and advise on the rim. I would really like to get that rim and tire that you have if your still interested in getting rid of it. Please let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I stumbled or lucked out finding this group / Never ending search for parts .I would love to find the plastic motor ? these were sold by Pep boys .I'm 80% done with is project .Some body Please put me in the right chat room ..
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
bike week is coming up March 4th I want it 100% done / Non running junk skeleton for $300. rolling frames only ?are you kidding me ? mine is all R&R frame up painted ! electric start .runs like it was new !

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
Lol there is 8 of those fake engine plastic covers on eBay right now for 25$

You're correct about the price

brand new still in the box sealed 600$

fully restored they are worth about $300

A roller or parts bike 50 to 75$

On a side note a complete double back wheel assembly fully working with no cracks in the hubs or hub adapters with good tires is worth about $150.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.