Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
Single wheel is probably better for turning, must be hard to turn w/ 2 rear tires side by side, lol. If you even find a dual online it will be around $100 I would guess.

·
MidnightMidbikeSyndicate
888 Posts
Scrap the dual and go for the single! You'll be glad you did when your bike is able to turn at speed :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
It could be either a 43cc or 49cc. A easy way I have found to measure the bore to see which it is. Is to take a a wire tie and cut the end off that has that small bend on it. and measure 40mm and 44mm and make them on the tie. than slip it through the exhaust port and in the center of it and see which mark it measures at. It's crude but it works.

Well you can wire in a toggle switch. I'm really no good with the electrical crap so helping with wireing a toggle or bypassing the key switch as far as which wire you would connect together I don't know. But if you just want to use the pull start without the key and maybe fix the key or add a toggle later. You could follow the small wires from the coil to it's connector and mark them so you know where they plug together later. than unplug it. Than follow the wire from the starter button mark it and unplug it than plug it to the connector from the coil. Now this will make you starter button your killswitch.

You want to put the choke up to start and down to ride after it warms up alittle.

I would clean out the tank and put a freash mix at 40:1 before even trying to start it.
The fuel mixture is not 40:1 its 20:1. I know it sounds weird but that's what it is.

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
Some of the old chainsaws like my 60cc, 3.7cu.in. Mac uses a 22/1 mix.

·
MidnightMidbikeSyndicate
888 Posts
Ware can i find a wire har ness and key
where are you located? I have one I can send you free of charge but you gotta cover shipping. I will basically drop it off at the post office and send it cod for the cost of shipping at your door.

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
10-30wt., 30wt. car oil should work, 100cc

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 49cc mini chopper I just bought and I'm putting an upgraded exhaust on it but need a couple inches of pipe and 2 flanges can anyone tell me where to find such parts please

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Ebay for the flanges and for the metal pipe basically a place that sells metal.

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
All you need is a kill button on the handle bars, hooked to the 2 wires off the coil. One is ground to the mount bolt, that's Neg., the other wire runs thru the switch and hooks to the ground wire going back. When you press the button it hits the handle bars & grounds the coil, no spark, no run.

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
Have you searched on eBay, APC Mini Chopper Parts. Do you have a double or single rear wheel??

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
CAM2 is the member you need to talk to. I am pretty sure you can put a single wheel, but it may take a few mods. You might put a wheel from a different bike and use long spacers on the axle to make it work. The main problem is making the rear sprocket and rear disc work with single rim. It is a death trap with 2 rear wheels, does not want to turn, it's like my 125cc Quad ATV solid axle have to lean right to get it to turn left.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Last time I went over the swap with a member it was gonna run them $65.00 for the parts mainly because they didnt have any rearwheels or axleshaft/spacers/scrub brake at all....

You can atleast reuse the outter spacers,,tensioners and the axleshaft...

I happen to have the rearwheel assembly from the twin enginned mini harley I built....Its got the disc brake modification done to it.........

The dual rearwheel models make pretty sick wheely machines.........LOL

I got this one at 2am off the author of this thread....It was dually....LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
im not seeing any parts out there for this.. ughh.. so frustrating as the engine is in perfect shape.. such a shame to have to potentially toss this for something like this.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts