Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
Most come w/ thick grease inside, most people clean that crap out and put about 100cc of 30w motor oil. What transmission do you have a long one of fat stubby one??

·
Registered
3 Posts
im so stuck i had one that was blk and i started to take apart to restore but like any normal idiot i didnt label and keep track of thing s can u please with all my heart asking u to help me wire this thing up my kids have been waiting almost a yr for me to get this thing ready for them

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
Have you used the search here?? Somewhere here is all kinds of wiring dia. for all pocket bikes. Search: APC Mini Chopper Electrical Diagrams, a bunch of posts for wiring should show up. Plan 2, online, to sdscooters in Texas, click on the Tech Page button, there are many electrical wiring dia. for PB. The engine runs on its own, that toggle switch is hooked to the frame, when you throw in On, it grounds the coil and the engine stops, just like a chainsaw, its just a gas backpack blower engine. Don't need a key or battery, to ride it, get it running and fix the wiring later. First check for a spark with the plug out and grounded to the engine, pull start it do you have a spark, if so, put a teaspoon of gas down the spark plug hole, put it back, see if it pull starts. If Needed, turn the carb piston open & put some gas in the piston hole, try pull starting again. If you have more than 100lbs. of cyld pressure & a spark, and gas, it should at least pop or try to start. Everyone of my bikes has a kill button on the handle bars, even if it has an Ign. key, I get handle bar kill buttons for $2.50 ea. USD, free shipping direct from China. Also on eBay, search, mini chopper 49cc pocket bike parts, all the 49cc P/P engine bikes have the same engine and many other parts.

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
Before you answer a post, look at the date, 2016, we all do it from time to time, lol. Do, you have the old key unit?? If so write the color of the 4 wires. You might look at online stores, scooterparts4less near Oakland, CA, or pocketbikeparts in Florida. Search on eBay, 49cc 2 stroke mini chopper parts and see what shows up.

·
Super Moderator
2,263 Posts
there is a plug comeing out of the (weed wacker) engine if you unplug that then you can pull start it if you cut the plug off and wire it to a switch then you will have a kill switch all the rest of the wiring and I mean all of it can go right into the trash where it belongs... the APC mini choppers have the worst wiring and switches of all pocket bikes...

If you want the lights to work you can buy a light kit off the internet and rewire the entire bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just joined the group and I did because I
picked up an APC mini chopper from my dad and got it running. I figured out all of the wiring and was wondering If there is a cover that hides the wires and one that covers the chain sprocket? It seems without either, it’s a safety issue and an accident waiting to happen.
I’ve been looking all over but can’t find anything.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,263 Posts
The tank cover cover's the wireing well most of it and there is a chain cover as well just search eBay and Amazon

41 - 53 of 53 Posts