Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There! I have a Pep Boys APC Mini Chopper and need to replace the chain.

Any recommendations on how to do this?

1. I have the chain loose-- but notice it needs to be taken apart since it goes around part of the frame.

2. I also need to know what size to purchase?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Hi There! I have a Pep Boys APC Mini Chopper and need to replace the chain.

Any recommendations on how to do this?

1. I have the chain loose-- but notice it needs to be taken apart since it goes around part of the frame.

2. I also need to know what size to purchase?

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Welcome to the forum

You can buy some replacement chain for a garage door opener for cheap and use a chain breaker/mender tool to make appropriate sized chain and splice it back together for the same price as one from ebay in which youll still need a chainbreaker/mender tool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAMBERLAIN-GARAGE-DOOR-OPENER-7-FT-REPLACEMENT-CABLE-CHAIN-002D1817-10/233218275856?epid=1036719053&hash=item364ce47a10:g:HgUAAOSwYqVcz3SU:sc:USPSPriorityMailSmallFlatRateBox!11757!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chain-Cutter-Splitter-Breaker-Rivet-Link-Pin-Repair-Tool-For-Bicycle-BMX-Bike/332747649515?hash=item4d794e31eb:g:gVMAAOSws6ha16B9

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a quick update.. the chain that CAM2 recommended fit perfectly..

And.. there's enough for an extra chain...

Thank you CAM2

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Just a quick update.. the chain that CAM2 recommended fit perfectly..

And.. there's enough for an extra chain...

Thank you CAM2
You're welcome muppetman..

I like to improvise ways to maximize the need with better quality items that give way more than needed for the same $$ as the cheaper stuff for less or the same price.

For me owning as many pb's that utilize the same chain buying it in large quantity is more cost effective for me..

One thing I shouldve mentioned is the first time chain useage initial chain treatment that uses light duty oil,,1/2 of a parafin wax cube,a coffee can and some heat...

The treament infuses all the nooks and crannies in the rollers to be filled with lube that lasts quite awhile and helps break-in the chain flawlessly to reduce as much friction as possible..

Take care....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts