Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled a mini chopper APC out of the dump in prtty nice shape want to fix it up with my grandson the motor head needs a engine any suggestion on what to buy that will fit but I can modify if needed Thanks in advance
Wildcat69

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Honestly, tear that one down and rebuild it, buy a new piston and cylinder and you can do some modifications while you are at it. It would be cheaper than buying a brand new engine off eBay or Amazon which is about roughly $150. You could probably spend $50 or so to rebuild the one you have. Test for spark, fuel delivery, and compression. Those old piston Port Motors are really good Motors

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, tear that one down and rebuild it, buy a new piston and cylinder and you can do some modifications while you are at it. It would be cheaper than buying a brand new engine off eBay or Amazon which is about roughly $150. You could probably spend $50 or so to rebuild the one you have. Test for spark, fuel delivery, and compression. Those old piston Port Motors are really good Motors
Motor has too much missing cluch starter mag looks a mess. but thanks for the advice

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Motor has too much missing cluch starter mag looks a mess. but thanks for the advice
As long as the transmission is still good those use the box roller chain transmission which is very very hard to come by...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as the transmission is still good those use the box roller chain transmission which is very very hard to come by...
So whats a good motor to buy transmission looks good will it bolt up to any motor

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
You need the Piston ported engine they are all the same and look the same just go on eBay type in 49cc pocket bike engine and match them up

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need the Piston ported engine they are all the same and look the same just go on eBay type in 49cc pocket bike engine and match them up
I have one I took off. Trans and motor. Don’t know anything about it. Tore down and rebuilding. Added reinforcements to frame and added Tillottson racing engine. 212. If you need it let me know. I need a 35 chain rear wheel sprocket. Anyone know where I can get one for a APC mini Harley chopper

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one I took off. Trans and motor. Don’t know anything about it. Tore down and rebuilding. Added reinforcements to frame and added Tillottson racing engine. 212. If you need it let me know. I need a 35 chain rear wheel sprocket. Anyone know where I can get one for a APC mini Harley chopper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts