Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, My name is Mike. I am building a custom chopper using a Schwinn OCC Stingray, 212cc Harbor Freight Engine, and some new parts from various manufactures. In order to make it street legal I need to have turn signals, head and tail lights. I have a friend who's neighbor had the Pepboys 43cc Mini Harley Bike, who was generous enough to just give to me. However, the downside is the bike had been outside for a couple of years. The good thing is I can see first hand all of the compatible components which can be ordered online for fairly cheep. This issue I do come across is I do not have a owners manual or the 12volt charger. Therefore, I cannot test the electrical components, and the pull cord needs replacing. So here are my questions:

1. Can the electrical components such as headlight, taillight, turn signals, and horn, operate without the engine being on?

2. Does the key start the engine or does that just close the circuit allowing the engine to start?

3. I was looking at the right side of the bike and down at the engine and noticed out of all of those wires and harnesses only two wires ran into the engine and were paired into one harness. What do these wires do? Is it possible to omit these wires to run electrical components. My guess is that these wires are a killswitch, but I am not sure. Below is a picture of the wires:
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i328/SouthCountyChoppers/IMAG0275.jpg

4. How bright are the head lights for these pocketbikes?

Thank you for everyone's time and effort to answer these questions, sorry if this has been posted prior to my post, if it has please direct me to those threads.

-SouthCountyChoppers

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
If your battery and grounds arer good you should be able to operate the headlight,,horn and turn signals without the engine running....You may have a blown fuse or messed up fuse holder....

The wires are the killswitch wires going to the coil............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts