Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this past Sunday took the x19 &18 out the 19 has 22mm carb blue cdi ported polished head and intake super coil ngk iridium plug and stock modes exhaust the x18 has cams carb upgrade and moded exhaust and both have a unifilter now my question is my 19 gets about 20 and if im real easy 30 miles per tank and when we go to fill up the 18 still has half and both bikes are being pushed hard

So my question is the steel tank on my 19 is it smaller than the plastic one on my 18 and is there a option for a bigger tank or I've been told about some kind of reserve thank that mounts to your forks on a big bike
If I can't find a bigger tank I was thinking about that option so I don't get stuck somewhere but I have yet to find something

·
Registered
316 Posts
You should be able to find an aftermarket harley or chopper tank for the forks. I've seen them on custom bikes before.

Plastic OEM tanks are still available if you want to go that route, not as safe and mounts may be different.

Hugh
SDscooters

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I haven't been able to find any of those thanks I saw them on the front forks of a bike at a show a while ago all I can find is the ones that look like water bottles there for camping or something I was thinking of welding a couple of kick outs on my tank just to keep the mileage even with the other bikes

And the plastic one from the 18 won't fit and I think there the same capacity altho the x18 plastic one looks bigger I'll figure out something lol

Just sucks everytime I go to check my tank I got nothing left and gotta walk it back

·
PSN: xR3Y-_-BeAsTx
183 Posts
I hear where your coming from drgnprelude. I was also looking into adding a bigger gas tank to my x6 to increase my riding time and shortening having to go to the gas station. I have no idea how I can go about it though?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Pocketbikesunlimited.com makes custom order gas tanks.

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know its kinda sucky I don't even have a big bore kit and its tuned right well just a tad rich but better safer than sorry right

And if I can only get such short mileage or about a half hour of good runs than what am I in for when I put my 160cc in I figure 10 minute and about 15-20 miles light throttle lmao might as well make it a drag bike I'll have enough gas for the strip lol

I'll try pbu c what there prices and capacity are we will c first im gonna try those kickouts I was thinking of

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can anybody tell me there range or riding time on a tank with a 160 motor or a motor close to that size if possible just trying to figure out some things in the future for my x19

And on a different note has anyone seen the 150 motor with estart yet I think im selling my 160 to get one of those instead lol

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
cant you just get an older plastic tank for the 19, my 15 tank is about the same size as the 18
with my big motor i got about 70mpg

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
can anybody tell me there range or riding time on a tank with a 160 motor or a motor close to that size if possible just trying to figure out some things in the future for my x19

And on a different note has anyone seen the 150 motor with estart yet I think im selling my 160 to get one of those instead lol
Look into the DERBI,,METRAKIT,,YSR and NSR's............Those bikes have larger tanks capable of longer riding times and its made of steel.........With some fancy cutting of the tailpiece and a couple brackets made you could fit one from one of the models...............

I miss my YSR's...These were my senior class parking lot racers I had.....One day Ill get another and make it really mod...........

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts