Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I like the spring tool, I have a pair of them, have to try that. I use small screwdrivers to get under the springs sometimes.

·
The 2-Cycle DocToR
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to use small screwdrivers too until a few times of them springing out and getting lost in the shop lol

Btw, I call my garage "The Shop" lmao

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yeah, I Hate them springs, I just broke a spring on my highly modded Cag 16:1 A2. Have to take the body off to get the housing off. Going to clean up the holes the springs grab to make them last longer.
Clutches too, on one engine had to pull the flywheel split the cases and pound the end on the crank to get it off the clutch, it was glued on, the new clutches are keyless. I just cut a slot in a stock clutch a few weeks ago as a test for doing the 2 two shoe racing clutches on my twin engines. I used my air hacksaw, I love that and the air file, and disc cutter, makes a hard job easy,lol.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Air file is for light stuff, you might try a bench grinder to take the heavy stuff, then file and sandpaper to clean it up.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On My Hot Rod red head engine, the only power tools I used was my 8" bench grinder to ruff cut the round lip for the Cag B/B alloy head to sit on the 49cc cut piston port cylinder, and files and sandpaper.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.