Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since your website is under construction....

Could you please give us the company history.

Company location:

Owners history with bike manufacturing

Owners history with racing

how big is the company

what are the company goals

What are all the models and engines offered

What type of racing support are you offering

Thank you
Mitch
Co-Owner NWminiMoto

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dear PB community,

We are aware that communication is missing at BMS. We should have developed this part of the business first, but preferred to focus on the quality of the production and on the organisation of the factory rather than focusing on the brochures and all the other important stuffs.

At this time, as the factory is fully organized an operational, as the bikes are in stock, we have now decided to focus on the communication part.

Damien BIANCHI, was first involved since he was young in sports (dirt bike races, then go kart races, then Formula 3 - last step before Formula 1).
Then he sat up his business reselling with huge discounts parts for bikes (not for pocketbikes).
Then he discovered the pocketbikes and decided to start reselling some in France. After seeing how some brands were dealing and considering their distributors (he was upset but as you can see I won't say which brand, as we are not like this at BMS, we don't like to critisize our competitors) he decided to create his own pocketbike to see if he could be efficient.
In 2002 he started developping his first prototype. At the last french 2002 race, my little brother (Alban that some people met in Florida this year when we came to the USA) finished 2nd. With the other bike he was racing during his first year (racing a pocketbike was new for him) he was not able to finish more than 10 or 8 but with the BMs prototype he finished 2nd overall ! This was the starting point of the BMS family history.

Damien developped this prototype for 3 years (since 2001 in his garage) and improved it during private trials. This 2nd rank at the race signed the departure of the business.

Damien sat up the business, employed skilled people (welder, mechanics engineer...) and launched the industrialization of the bikes. We worked on KATIA (only with some part of the software), famous software used by plane manufacturers such as Airbus Industry in France but also by many other famous companies. This computerization of all the bikes parts allowed us to improve every small detail on the bike, from the engine support, to the little spacers used on the bike to fix the engine for example, without forgetting all the other parts such as the wheels (our new 3 branch wheel is available).

Cédric BIANCHI (myself) was a computer scientist who was managing his own start-up company. After working for 5 years in this field, I worked for a famous french MIT in the safety/security field using (that's funny) a US army technology that I bought. I was developping software and hardware around this technology so that with our devices we were able to see and record everything in 360° in one shot. That was interesting but time consuming and research in France is not very profitable. I've then been fed up with this part of the computer science, and decided to join a large company as a consultant/salesman in new technologies.

At this same time, Damien my brother (I'm the oldest one, I'm 30) were always asking me to phone and to translate many emails received from all over the world because of his posts on the forums (former pocketbikeworld.com)

At first I found this funny specially because I enjoyed the english language. Quickly I had to spend 8 hours a day to translate, communicate with different users, distributors and I decided to join this business that I found extremely interesting.

Michel BIANCHI my father is just helping us with the Italian part of the business.
BIANCHI family is both french and italian (we have the double nationality).

We sat up the company with USD15000 capital but invested more than USD365000 in the project, buying top quality CNC machines, large factory, tools, employing skilled people...

BMS (BIANCHI MOTOR SPORT) is also supported by my father company which is a famous European trading metal company. BMS is a kind of branch of this main holding.

Our goal is to produce in our own 98% of the bike. At this time we are producing 90%, and are buying the engine, carburettor, exhaust system, tyres, throttle and a few other parts like this (brake levers) in Italy from famous manufacturers (Polini, Bi-Zeta, Dell'Orto...).
In 6 months, BMS will probably provide everything but the tyres and those few devices in plastic.

Our goal is to stay at a human size and to always be tuned in the users. This way we will be able to fully satisfy people.
We also want to come every year to visit our distributors and race with you racers to enjoy different cultures and way of racing.

Soon we will announce the recent developments, but can't say more at this time.

BMS will always be synonym of premium bikes.

Just one last thing concerning our fairings quality : we are currently investing in new machines so that our farings, in fiberglass are perfect... like a plastic finishing but with the advantage to be easily repaired and more racing.

This is a bit of a french translation but at this time of the day (saturday 00:38 am) everybody (I hope so) will excuse my mistakes in the tenses and in some words. Hope the general meaning will be understood, stay tuned.

cédric BIANCHI

·
Registered
920 Posts
For a maker to come out and write so much explaining himself and his company, it's very rewarding, to say the least. :thumbsup:

Cédric BIANCHI (myself) was a computer scientist...quote]

I will be one too. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Vbp6us said:
I will be one too. :)
Welcome onboard. We can discuss offline on this subject as this field still interest me, just that I wanted to deal with the business part more than the computer part :)

Thank you for your post, speak to you.

Ps : that's normal to explain who we are, specially for people who are racing on our brand. It's a kind of large family, where everybody should know each others.

Very soon on our web site you will be able to visit the factory like if you were there in France, see us at work (webcams opened sometimes).... I am just impatient to open all those services as they will be very interesting for the customers and also for me to develop :) When I said I didn't stop computer sciences.
Bye.

Cédric

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Cédric for the all the information. We believe the BMS is a very well built and competative bike and support and promote BMS for our racing team as does Smokin Pocketbikes race team in our area.

Look foward to the website updates.

Thank you
Mitch

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just had a chance to try out a production BMS and all i have to say is Good Job! The bike handles so well and is a piece or art on its own!

It will be my next bike :)
-Dave

·
Registered
109 Posts
hey boosted, send me a PM. I have a guy who is working with me on possibly making some up for me out of custom materials (yellow/black carbon kevlar, titanium weave, etc.).

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
actually i work with carbon fiber and was just wondering.

oh and watch out for titanium weave. it's actually aluminized fiberglass and shouldn't cost as much as most people are charging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts