Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read, the Avid V-brake levers seem to be the best replacement for the stock levers.
Avid makes four or five different models for V brakes so my question is which Avid lever works the best ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any MTB V-brake lever should work equally well. Price points are determined by material, and manufacturing process. Some levers are forged, some are not, some have bearings, some do not, some are light, some are heavy. Some have adjustable levereage even. Some are 2 finger, 3 finger, or even 4 finger.

They all so the same thing though and they all will work better then the stock levers.

Just find a bicycle shop and drop 20-30 on some levers and you can go wrong.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check Ebay like I did. I have a set of Avid levers that I purchased on ebay for 10 bucks. You cant beat that with a bat!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought some Tektro aluminum adjustable leverage levers for $16 at my local bike store. They look trick and work great. Quality is top notch and they are very tight and smooth. I can do stoppies with ease and lock up the rear tire at will now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i just got done installing my avid fr-5 brake levers that i got for $30 from pricepoints.com. they are 2 finger. and let me just say that these levers are 100 times better than the cheap stock ones. my brakes, front and rear, work soooo damn good now. very good investment, especially if you have a fast bike like me :D

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
If anyone spots any on ebay for a good price please drop me a PM.
It will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
474 Posts
and I JUST took my old bike to the dump. man, maybe I can go back to the dump and take my levers off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the inexpensive shimano levers w/cables for $20 from local bike shop(LBS). I didn't need the cables but now I have extras. They may not be as good as avids but are still 100 times better than stock.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think I had shimanos on my bike and they were WAY better than the ones I got on my cag, Im just gonna cruise yardsales, chack the dump now and then and get a free set!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts