Pocketbike Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 159205

Sounds good mate. Yeah I’m the same, it’s a good couple hours away from me but I don’t really know anywhere closer, worth it though I guess if your taking your own bike as it’s cheaper than hiring one
Gutted mate... just gone to take the clutch off to measure the springs properly as was going to give it a blast tomorrow for the first time. New ngk plug, distilled water, water wetter and clutch puller arrived today. So I heated the nut up with heat gun, went to take it off with impact wrench and it’s just rounded the nut off completely! Gutted! At a loss now as I can’t even get the clutch off.

· Registered
26 Posts
That's the problem with the Chinese steel, it's very soft you should change all important screws to a higher quality screw.
That's the problem with the Chinese steel, it's very soft you should change all important screws to a higher quality screw.
that’s what I was planning on doing when getting the clutch off, replacing that nut with a better one... Need to find a way to get that damn nut off now!

· Registered
26 Posts
You can try it with a nut breaker, but I don't know if there is enough space.

View attachment 159211
Thanks for that mate, taking it to a mechanic tomorrow to see if they can get it off. Hopefully they will. I’ve got distilled water and water wetter for the coolant system, do you know what ratio I should be doing? 50% distilled water 50% water wetter?

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
The mini r6 is coming along nicely. I bought a spare set of wheels a good while back, painted them and put a bit of red rim tape round them. Finally got some PMT junior tyres from M4. I’ve heat wrapped the exhaust to help cool things down and minimalise the engine sucking in hot air. Also fitted a steering damper which I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I was having a nightmare trying to figure out how to mount it. Eventually came up with my own way. I used one of the front fairing mounts and just drilled a hole straight through the fork. One long bolt and bingo. There will be no more head shaking for me! With this and the new tyres, the bike should handle really good. Really can’t wait to get back out on it now!

· Registered
26 Posts
The mini r6 is coming along nicely. I bought a spare set of wheels a good while back, painted them and put a bit of red rim tape round them. Finally got some PMT junior tyres from M4. I’ve heat wrapped the exhaust to help cool things down and minimalise the engine sucking in hot air. Also fitted a steering damper which I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I was having a nightmare trying to figure out how to mount it. Eventually came up with my own way. I used one of the front fairing mounts and just drilled a hole straight through the fork. One long bolt and bingo. There will be no more head shaking for me! With this and the new tyres, the bike should handle really good. Really can’t wait to get back out on it now!
View attachment 159430 View attachment 159431
Looks the part now mate! Looking really nice. Some pmt’s are next up on the list for mine too, and a rpm gauge. I’ve also removed one of the front brakes too as you have. One of mine wasn’t mounted in line from factory so was totally out of line causing the disc to rub awfully, nothing I could do about it so just took it off. Real blata only have one front brake anyway so no problem. Still decent stopping power. Got the dellorto carb and genuine blata clutch in, running really well so the tyres are up next. Few other bits and bobs I want to do aswell. Amount I’ve spent on it I could’ve bought a used euro bike already😂 but to be honest I don’t think they are as bad as people makes out. The bikes solid. I think people buy them thinking they can just blast it straight out the box, which you definitely can’t as you know, they do need going over and working on to get them right. Plus parts are so cheap for them that if something does go wrong it’s not going to cost much to fix.

· Administrator
3,827 Posts
Looks the part now mate! Looking really nice. Some pmt’s are next up on the list for mine too, and a rpm gauge. I’ve also removed one of the front brakes too as you have. One of mine wasn’t mounted in line from factory so was totally out of line causing the disc to rub awfully, nothing I could do about it so just took it off. Real blata only have one front brake anyway so no problem. Still decent stopping power. Got the dellorto carb and genuine blata clutch in, running really well so the tyres are up next. Few other bits and bobs I want to do aswell. Amount I’ve spent on it I could’ve bought a used euro bike already😂 but to be honest I don’t think they are as bad as people makes out. The bikes solid. I think people buy them thinking they can just blast it straight out the box, which you definitely can’t as you know, they do need going over and working on to get them right. Plus parts are so cheap for them that if something does go wrong it’s not going to cost much to fix.
they are ok some better then others like your saying a lot of them get destroyed because people dont break them in properly or they fail at maintaining the cooling system crappy pump fuel and oil is another quick way to destroy a pocket bike as well

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Yeah, to be honest mate. I’m really happy with mine. It’s taught me loads. I know the thing VERY well now so working on it is a breeze. Recently done a top end rebuild on my mates one which was a piece of piss. When mine has had a solid amount of abuse I’m gonna go to town with the engine internals which I’m really looking forward to. As it sits now it’s rapid. I think if I rebuild the engine and do a few mods here and there it’ll be as good as any euro bike. I mean I’m not racing it. It’s for fun so who cares it’s a Chinese piece of **** haha! I love it and it gets treated well.

· Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, to be honest mate. I’m really happy with mine. It’s taught me loads. I know the thing VERY well now so working on it is a breeze. Recently done a top end rebuild on my mates one which was a piece of piss. When mine has had a solid amount of abuse I’m gonna go to town with the engine internals which I’m really looking forward to. As it sits now it’s rapid. I think if I rebuild the engine and do a few mods here and there it’ll be as good as any euro bike. I mean I’m not racing it. It’s for fun so who cares it’s a Chinese piece of **** haha! I love it and it gets treated well.
Me too mate I’ve learnt a hell of a lot tinkering about with it, no doubt still lots to learn aswell. But I’m enjoying it. Yeah I agree, I’ve spent too much already so no point backing out now lol might aswell just make it the best it can be. Can’t wait for the tracks to finally open back up to see how it performs! In the mean time, I shall keep tinkering in the garage haha

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Me too mate I’ve learnt a hell of a lot tinkering about with it, no doubt still lots to learn aswell. But I’m enjoying it. Yeah I agree, I’ve spent too much already so no point backing out now lol might aswell just make it the best it can be. Can’t wait for the tracks to finally open back up to see how it performs! In the mean time, I shall keep tinkering in the garage haha
Lol, same as that lad! Let me know when you’re heading up m4. I’ll try and land there with a few bikes 👍🏻

81 - 97 of 97 Posts