Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I haven't posted on here in over 10 years. Crazy!

The other day I was on FB Marketplace and saw an ad for a "Mini motorcycle - $50". I wasted no time and went to get it!

Far as I can tell it's an X1, but I know other models used a similar frame.

I'm missing the lower plastics as well as the fairing and everything electrical.

Luckily it doesn't appear to have been left outside as there is very little rust!

I used to order everything from DDM and scooterparts4less but the former doesn't seem to carry PB parts anymore and the latter is now defunct.

Where might I be able to find the replacement parts I'm in need of? Or what about aftermarket parts such as exhausts and such... are they all gone now?

Anyways, good to be back!

·
Registered
73 Posts
We're doing the same project now, check out the thread (x1 rehab).
We've also had a hiatus for some years. I've found everything I need on ebay or Amazon with a search for "x1 pocket bike". You won't find fairings, rig up the bike without electronics, just keep a kill switch.
There's lots of folks here that will help, should be an easy job, good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I'll check your thread out too. Glad there are still people on forums... Facebook isn't good for build threads!

I guess I'll keep an eye out for used plastics. I really wanted to 'restore' it as I always wanted an X1 back in the day and you just so rarely see them now.

The bike has spark so it should be a runner without any electrics. Not sure where the kill switch was so not sure how to shut it down besides choking it out haha

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Cool, I'll check your thread out too. Glad there are still people on forums... Facebook isn't good for build threads!

I guess I'll keep an eye out for used plastics. I really wanted to 'restore' it as I always wanted an X1 back in the day and you just so rarely see them now.

The bike has spark so it should be a runner without any electrics. Not sure where the kill switch was so not sure how to shut it down besides choking it out haha
there should be a wire with two little wires inside of it coming out from under the plastic cover near the spark plug that's the kill switch wire if that wire has been ripped out and non-existent then you can take the plastic cover off and you will see a little tab on the coil all you have to do is connect a wire to that tab and when you connect that wire to ground it will kill the spark and shut down the engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts