Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My dad came home with it, he got it for free. Its got the red cover so I believe thats the 39cc? The engine was seized. At first I thought it was the piston froze in the cylinder, but it was the crank stuck in the case. No oxidation, just froze up. A WD40 bath solved that. I got it running, at first it wouldnt rev, just bog down. After playing with the carb it revs, but if it idles down too low you cant save it and she dies. Can anyone ID this for me? Im pretty sure its a goped but idk for sure. If it helps the exhaust is nothing special, just the muffler box and a little peice of pipe, like 1/2 an inch long

·
Banned
21,742 Posts

My dad came home with it, he got it for free. Its got the red cover so I believe thats the 39cc? The engine was seized. At first I thought it was the piston froze in the cylinder, but it was the crank stuck in the case. No oxidation, just froze up. A WD40 bath solved that. I got it running, at first it wouldnt rev, just bog down. After playing with the carb it revs, but if it idles down too low you cant save it and she dies. Can anyone ID this for me? Im pretty sure its a goped but idk for sure. If it helps the exhaust is nothing special, just the muffler box and a little peice of pipe, like 1/2 an inch long

Its a 33cc Zooma Scooter...........I have one of those....Its pretty modified and pretty fast for being 33cc too.....

The symptom you stated is indicadent of needing a possible carb cleaning of the fuel strainer,,in-tank fuel clunker/filter or the carb could need a rebuild kit nstalled.............

Its a pretty nice looking scooter compared to when I found mine......Good Luck with it......

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I was thinking it was probably something partially plugged in the carb. I havent been bothered to take it apart yet. Another thing is the back tire is flat, and my fingers are too big to fit inside the little hole in the sprocket to unscrew the valve cap. What kind of mods have you done to yours? Plan is to get it going good, looking good, selling for a couple hundred and putting that towards the mini DB frame/47cc engine combo I have laying around

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Yea, I was thinking it was probably something partially plugged in the carb. I havent been bothered to take it apart yet. Another thing is the back tire is flat, and my fingers are too big to fit inside the little hole in the sprocket to unscrew the valve cap. What kind of mods have you done to yours? Plan is to get it going good, looking good, selling for a couple hundred and putting that towards the mini DB frame/47cc engine combo I have laying around
On mine I popped the head,,I basically blueprinted the bottomend lightly,,polished the crankcase bearings,,polished the piston and rodend ,,widened the transfer ports,,lightened the piston,,added a 15mm carb/intake manifold,,boost bottle,,homemade hp airstack,,stuffed crankcase,,indexed the piston,,installed head wothout the basegasket to bump compression,,rocket key,,lightened flywheel,,modified clutch and rev pipe...

Top speed in bone stock condition it was cruising at 17mph..After mods its hitting 28mph

They sell valvestem extenders so you can get an airchuck to fill the tires easier..My airchuck has a dual head which works in any area and type tire.....

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d....oap?ck=Search_N0183_-1_-1&pt=N0183&ppt=C0337

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...ven=natural&cm_cat=netconcepts&cm_pla=&cm_ite=

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cam, Im probably not going to get 'that' involved with this, BUT I just remembered I have another 33cc engine with a blown con rod I can do some light blueprinting on, and if I f it up I still have the original case. I can give er a go at porting since I have another top end as well, Ill check the condition of my other piston, maybe index that. Lightening the flywheel would be simple enough, and the reduction of the basegasket on the head.

Hey, I still have an expansion chamber from the mini DB, maybe whip up an exhaust.

Is your scooter part of your multi-cag buildup at all? Its been awhile since Ive stopped in on that one, I should have a look-see

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thanks Cam, Im probably not going to get 'that' involved with this, BUT I just remembered I have another 33cc engine with a blown con rod I can do some light blueprinting on, and if I f it up I still have the original case. I can give er a go at porting since I have another top end as well, Ill check the condition of my other piston, maybe index that. Lightening the flywheel would be simple enough, and the reduction of the basegasket on the head.

Hey, I still have an expansion chamber from the mini DB, maybe whip up an exhaust.

Is your scooter part of your multi-cag buildup at all? Its been awhile since Ive stopped in on that one, I should have a look-see
That scooter I built back in 08/09...I rode it on and off because I also had a Speed 430g stand-up scooter at the time that I converted from 43cc 2 stroke to Briggs 5hp 4 stroke......The Zooma is in storage and the Briggs powered scooter I converted into a mini-minibike.......

The only scooters I have now that Im actually riding are my 97 Viza Viper I call Punisher Jr and my homemade Punisher scooter.......Ive hopped up the original Punisher a lil bit aswell as added a lil reinforcement to the steering neck plus made a dual revpipe design that enhances revs and cuts down the exhaust noise by over half of how it sounded with a single rev-pipe design

The Punisher Jr is getting bigger shoes and a harsher attitude with new handlebars........

A summertime shot of both...When the snow melts and I finish the Punisher Jr Ill be taking new ones.......

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I found my old engine today, only the top end is really useable. I think it was actually a 49cc, as it has a 43mm piston. Will that piston and cylinder work with the 33cc bottom end?

Anyways, I lightened the flywheel by taking the top 3/8 of the fins off with an angle grinder, and lightened the clutch by drilling 2 small holes (not much, but every gram counts eh?)

Pics up later tonight when Im around my camera :p

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Cam2 would know for sure, but I think the 33cc cases are too small.
So, your back in action, Cheers.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Well I found my old engine today, only the top end is really useable. I think it was actually a 49cc, as it has a 43mm piston. Will that piston and cylinder work with the 33cc bottom end?

Anyways, I lightened the flywheel by taking the top 3/8 of the fins off with an angle grinder, and lightened the clutch by drilling 2 small holes (not much, but every gram counts eh?)

Pics up later tonight when Im around my camera :p
If you have a 36mm piston then you have the 32mm stroke crank........The 43cc and 49cc engine have 32mm cranks too.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.