Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I took off my back tire and I got everything mixxed up and I dont dont know what goes first.I got an axle a thing that the axle goes in a washer and many other things does anybody know how it is suppose to go.

·
Registered
841 Posts
From the rear of the bike, the bolt slides thru the left side of the wheel.....example of a h/f Cag.

So it goes like this:

Bolt -> chain tentioner -> slides thru hole in chassis (left side) -> wheel spacer -> wheel -> wheel spacer -> rear brake assy -> hole in chassis (right side) -> chain tentioner -> washer -> nut

·
Registered
315 Posts
:thumbsup: Daren

I think the two wheel spacers are different lengths. Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe the left one is shorter then the right one. This is what I recall the last time I removed the wheel off my f/f cag. I can't remember if my h/f was this way. It's been a while since I removed the rear wheel off that bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Actually the longer one goes on the sprocket side and the smaller spacer on the brake side...

eddiemcrider said:
:thumbsup: Daren

I think the two wheel spacers are different lengths. Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe the left one is shorter then the right one. This is what I recall the last time I removed the wheel off my f/f cag. I can't remember if my h/f was this way. It's been a while since I removed the rear wheel off that bike.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thanks fella's....last I recall, I didn't notice a difference. tho' when I worked on them (Cag's), I set them to the side in which I dis-assembled.......left side stuff to the left of the bike, right side stuff to the right of the bike :p

Makes sense now thinking about it...because of the brake assy on the right side or could I be wrong......hmmm

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah that makes sense - the brake assembly takes up some "space" on the right, so it requires the smaller spacer. Like Cali when I take things apart, left & right side parts stay on the side they were removed from the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts