Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Battery, what size. Bigger battery

Was lookin at some batteries but don't kno what to get.. the stock on my x18 is a 12v 7ah, and I have hids installed and r6 taillight, and would like some more juice.. I've heard frome cam2, that the kinetik batterys aren't good for these bike. Is this right, cam2, can u confirm this.. I'm also lookin at a 12v 18ah, is this ok for the bike, is it too much..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
It's not to much but will the bigger battery fit in your bike, it will give you alot more cranking and lights on time.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
My Gel battery is alittle big, going to have to mod the battery holder alittle to get it in. If you need electrical parts go to TNCscooters online, they have alot of the plugs and wires and chargers and good prices. I got a 3 prong plug in and a $13 12v x 1.2amp charger. You drill a hole in the left body near the battery, install the plug, hook it up to your battery. When you want to charge you plug the charger in and your set. Have a plug on my dirt bike too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the same 3 plug too, I just need to put it on, I'm thinkin about puttin it in the hole on the front of the bike where the fuse goes into, there's already a hole on the frame for a charger.. just gotta run the wire to to the batt... was thinkin about puttin it in the back but didn't want to drill a hole.. also gota buy the charger... are gel batteries good for these bike are they better than the sealed acid.... JUST BOUGHT THE 12V 18AH BATTERY BOUGHT 2,, 1 FOR MY 2010 X18, AND 1 FOR MY TERCEL MID SIZE MOTORCYCLE.. DOES ANYBODY KNO ABOUT THE TERCEL BIKES.. I THINK ITS A 110CC BUT IT SPANKS THE X18 AND THE TERCEL IS SEMI AUTO 4 GEARS NO CLUTCH... MIGHT BE A 125CC BUT IDK,,ITS THE RED AND BLACK, 2 LIGHTS IN THE FRONT AND ITS WAY BIGGER THAN THE X18, HAS 12IN FRONT TIRE AND 13R..

·
Registered
140 Posts
hey guys i know this forum is old but by any chance do you think i could jump start the bike by hooking it up to my car battery? i did it before on an x2 and it started it right away but am not to familiar with these any engines. what you guys think

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
All you need is a jump wire from power to the starter motor side of the solinoid, the big red wire going to the starter motor.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I would try it off a smaller 12v battery, a car battery could fry the wires or. Or on a Car charger on 2 or 10 amps for a short period, I would use 10 or 12 gauge wire clamped the the charger clamps then to the solinod, if the wires get hot stop, try on the battery side then the starter motor side.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i just want it to crank real quick, so its not like ima start it every time with the same battery i just want to hear the piston do the 4 strokes so i can be sure there's compression if not just throw the engine away or buy new internals. so am just going to hook the positive to the positive side of the solinod and the negative side of the solonoid and it should crank right?

·
Registered
140 Posts
yea the negative is grounded to the engine with a bolt i think that's good enough right? also if it cranks ill try to get it to fire up the same day so can u tell me what i need for the bike to run? if am not wrong i have a CDI that says syna which has a cable that leads right into the engine but at the same time it has a cable which goes no where and its black . ill try to upload pics up tomorrow

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I honestly wouldn't try to jump it with car battery, the car bateteries have a higher cold crankin amps might over power ur starter, these starters I I think like 150w, a car battsery is over 500 cca and that's a small battery,

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey cam2, what's good, about to buy a x15 bike.. guy says lights don't work or electric start says the battery is dead or missing.. do these bike run without a battery.. I'm gona pick it up on sat morning, but how could I tell if its just the batt or somthin major.. he also say there's no key ignition, someone installed a on off switch.. could this affect the electrical... or maybe it could be the light switch, what should I look for or test first.. I might wana bring a batt but idk about takin off all the plastics.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Hey cam2, what's good, about to buy a x15 bike.. guy says lights don't work or electric start says the battery is dead or missing.. do these bike run without a battery.. I'm gona pick it up on sat morning, but how could I tell if its just the batt or somthin major.. he also say there's no key ignition, someone installed a on off switch.. could this affect the electrical... or maybe it could be the light switch, what should I look for or test first.. I might wana bring a batt but idk about takin off all the plastics.

X-15's come mostly with engines that have kickstarters...........If its gotta kickstart or is semi auto you dont need a battery to get it running.........Semi-auto engines can be pop started...full manual engines can be kickstarted...They have solid state ignition systems that are powered through magneto to stator attraction/reaction.................

Like all chinese pocketbikes if you let them sit for more than a few weeks the fuel keeps vaporizing away through the carb vents leatting moisture in to spoil the fuel and cause a corroded floatbowl..........The stators also fail alot killing off the engines spark intensity to a point the engine wont fire-up

The reason why it happens with the chinese carbs so frequently is because the chinese skipped an important detail when they ripped off the keihin carb...The upper thin metal plate that gets epoxied over the passage to control high volume fumeoff but still offer downward gravitational force to help keep the float more balanced and act as an overflow to keep the engine from being flooded by fuel.......

Theres one good way to help the problem...Get Fitch FT5-1........

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just took my x18 out for a nice long ride was driving for prob alttile over a hr, now I'm noticed my batter is completley dead, I just put a brand new 10amp battery and it was fully chraged be4 I got on it today,. Now I turn my key and nothin no light go on or electirc start do work, I pressed it acouple time, and it made the sound like a dead battery, but now it doesn't doo anythin.. do u think my battery over charged or somethin, driving all day should of charged me battery nice.. what should I look for and what do u think..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sounds like your stator coils are not charging the battery, or there is a power short to ground. Charge the battery right away, if it went dead there's all ready damage. Have to keep them charged all the time, just like a car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
could it be the higher amp battery, my stock was like a 6.5 and I got a 10amp in there now, this never happen be4 and my bike is like brand new.. I never drove it as long as I did yesterday, that was like my longest ride...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The system does not charge at idle if you rode it for one hour your battery should be charged, you have a problem somewhere, you ned a cheap H/F Tools digital electric meter. With battery charged ride it for 20 mins. then check your battery volts. A new battery is 13.7 volts, after your ride if you read 12.5 volts or less something is wrong.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.