Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a brand new MT-A4 out the box and I can’t get the rear tyre to hold air. It’s leaking from the rim. Last night took it to a tyre shop and got them to blast it with their co press or hoping it would pop. Put 40psi in it but still this morning, it’s flat again. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,252 Posts
It might be the rim or the tire is more then likley dry rotten from the inside out 15 year old China rubber you should consider replacing both tires for safety

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Re: Bead on tyre won’t seal.

I got a brand new MT-A4 out the box and I can’t get the rear tyre to hold air. It’s leaking from the rim. Last night took it to a tyre shop and got them to blast it with their co press or hoping it would pop. Put 40psi in it but still this morning, it’s flat again. Any suggestions?
Put an inner tube in it or buy better tires.....Chinese rubber is some porous material..

Even the larger Nitrogen molecules passes through with relative ease...…….

One time I took a tube of GE silicone and some Bounty paper towels and I spread a thin layer of clear silicone on the inside of two cag tires and also on the tire beads which worked quite well...……...

Theres a member named minipilot who has better quality PMT brand racing slicks 4sale too..

·
Registered
106 Posts

Put an inner tube in it or buy better tires.....Chinese rubber is some porous material..

Even the larger Nitrogen molecules passes through with relative ease...…….

One time I took a tube of GE silicone and some Bounty paper towels and I spread a thin layer of clear silicone on the inside of two cag tires and also on the tire beads which worked quite well...……...

Theres a member named minipilot who has better quality PMT brand racing slicks 4sale too..
Thank you for the mention, Cam2, I appreciate it.

·
Banned
24,169 Posts

You need a inner tube, I have put tubes in most of my China tires. My GRC-GP1 and Banshee Sho have euro tires, been a year with very air loss.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lads, will try an inner tube on it. Will replace both for decent slicks in time.

·
Banned
24,169 Posts

On tubeless tie a rope around the outside of the tire and pull in, forcing the beads to hit the rim. Even when changing tires I spray both beads w/ Windex spray glass cleaner to make the beads slippery. Tubes work very well, and keeps your tire from popping when there is no tread left.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let everyone know that a cousin of mine who works in a tyre shop fitted an inner tube and the problem is gone. Holds air like a trooper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts