Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a few months since I've posted due to my extremely busy schedule. I've recently been medically separated from the army as of 21 JUNE 2011 and began a job as a contractor on Ft. Hood within my field on 22 JUNE 2011. I have to admit, this waking up before the crack of noon crap isn't sitting well with me as of yet, but the job is good along with the pay. Since I was a Commissioned Officer it was verboten to say anything negative about our President. I got calls from friends and family on 22 JUNE asking my real thoughts and gave them candid answers that I cannot repeat here. You guessed it... I'm a conservative, but vote independent. On a tangent, the current games being played by both sides of the aisle severely anger me, but I digress and will get on to what this thread was really about... an update.

In my spare time I've kept busy with my Blue Lodge (Freemason) and even more busy with the Shriners.

I'm sure some of you remember my pocket bike painting threads and I've gotten some great use out of one of them. Here are two of my favorite pics from the Belton, TX 4th of July parade which has been billed by TIME as one of the top 10 parades for this holiday in the nation. It was about 45 minutes long and I did burn my kiester riding the pocket bike that long. Man did I catch a lot of flak and more of the Razz over that. Ha Ha. Here are two of of my favorite pics with my Fez tassel flying in the wind (notice the goatee... it's a true sign of civilian-ness):

And now for my latest project. I did not build this, but there are quite a few short cuts the original owner took that irk me to no end that I will have to fix. The first two items being the sound system and the 305ci motor. This thing needs at least a 383 with a 700R4 tranny to meet QA standards which I will fix as soon as I get another increase in allowance. I won't elaborate on the cost of purchasing this 1923 T-bucket, but it did require some begging from the wife.

The Pocket Bike and the Roadster will match. Updates coming soon after some airbrush work is done on the bucket. Oh, and that **** Harley sticker has already been removed.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Well, I just about passed out, First things first, Excellent job! it is really good to hear everything is going well!

Thanks for the super cool pictures, Shriners rule! I loved to see them when I was a kid, and still do today! some of those little cars are awesome, and they are ALWAYS so friendly!

And the car...

I don't know where to start! It is beautiful!!!!!!! I love it, the interior / exterior colors are awesome! you must have one cool wife!

I'll be starring at the pics of the car for days, probably be one of my desktop backgrounds now! in other words, You Suck! Just kidding, my Hyundai is fine... :( :thumbsup:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Oh, I already have trouble sleeping (thanks Army) so please make it easier on me and promise you'll stare at the pic of the car without me leaning against it :p

A friend of mine said I should take the pocket bike and car to Hooters for some pictures.
1) I won't take the bike because it's covered in Shriner emblems
2)the food sucks, the beer is over priced and always tastes like soap
3) I don't want another $50.00 added to my tab to have Killeen's Finest Trailer Trash (one step above nudie dancer) posing for pictures with my car.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
D J, Love that Hot Rod, keep going forward and don't look back,lol.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Thanks.

Oh, I already have trouble sleeping (thanks Army) so please make it easier on me and promise you'll stare at the pic of the car without me leaning against it :p

A friend of mine said I should take the pocket bike and car to Hooters for some pictures.
1) I won't take the bike because it's covered in Shriner emblems
2)the food sucks, the beer is over priced and always tastes like soap
3) I don't want another $50.00 added to my tab to have Killeen's Finest Trailer Trash (one step above nudie dancer) posing for pictures with my car.
Yes You Azz, the 2nd picture of the car only! :rolleyes:

I have been to San Francisco, but I was Looking at all the Cute Asian chicks! :p

So when do you slap the Roots on there? I Know I've seen it done before! and you can obviously turn a wrench...

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
SF DOES have quite a few cute Asian ladies there .... As for the Hooters girls, you don't need to pay chicks to pose with your car - just take it to any outdoor car show, or even just cruise the boulevard. You'll find hotties all over the place.

Great rides, both the bike and the T-bucket. You may want to consider throwing a heat shield under the seat in the future ....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
D J, Love that Hot Rod, keep going forward and don't look back,lol.
Thanks. It's all fun from here. I'm working basically to stay out of the house and pay for gas now.

Yes You Azz, the 2nd picture of the car only! :rolleyes:

I have been to San Francisco, but I was Looking at all the Cute Asian chicks! :p

So when do you slap the Roots on there? I Know I've seen it done before! and you can obviously turn a wrench...
Roots? Never heard that term before. I have a few things to empty out of the garage before I do more to any of my toys and selling my '09 R1 is first on the list. I'm thinking the first mod to the bucket will be to make a removable mount to allow me to transport at least one pocket bike. Second, third, etc... mods will be motor, tranny, wheelie bars and such (dad used to race top fuel back in the day ;)). The only constraints are that I have to build all of these mods or be part of the process since I haven't had the chance to learn welding yet.

Like i've said before with the mini-bikes, working on motors is the easy part. Finding enough time to do it while drinking beer isn't. :p

And San Fran.... my wife doesn't know yet but we have a trip for her B-day coming up in a few weeks to there (and she's Asian). Ain't that some stuff, huh?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SF DOES have quite a few cute Asian ladies there .... As for the Hooters girls, you don't need to pay chicks to pose with your car - just take it to any outdoor car show, or even just cruise the boulevard. You'll find hotties all over the place.

Great rides, both the bike and the T-bucket. You may want to consider throwing a heat shield under the seat in the future ....
:eek: There's a heat shield there now. One of the guys I work with who's also in the Shriners Club I am in came up to my desk, had this look like he was extrememly mad, and said, "You know what really burns my azz?"

Me: Putting up with all the mexican jokes I have for you?

Him: No, little yellow motorbikes about this big... :rolleyes:

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Man, then just get a couple of pictures of HER posing with the car ..... problem solved!

You may have to put a thicker shield under it, then, or beef up the one you already have with a layer or two of insulating tape under the seat. Good to see you in the wind, bro .... how many of the others are thinking about picking up one of these bikes now? Trust me, when you're really into something, you'll FIND the time.

LOL @ your comeback to the fellow Shriner ...

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Dang DJ, I think I "Accidentally" have, "ESPN" <---Psychic :D

Roots, as in BLOWER / SuperCharger!

Or like the 1.5L SOHC (same as mine) AWESOME Hyundai motor in the attached picture, it's even possible to start with a blower and build spool pressure for the big twin turbo's? :eek: Sort of a hybrid system...

(edit)

Sorry, that pic might be the Twin Cam 1.6L Hyundai engine LoL!

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, then just get a couple of pictures of HER posing with the car ..... problem solved!

You may have to put a thicker shield under it, then, or beef up the one you already have with a layer or two of insulating tape under the seat. Good to see you in the wind, bro .... how many of the others are thinking about picking up one of these bikes now? Trust me, when you're really into something, you'll FIND the time.

LOL @ your comeback to the fellow Shriner ...
There was no heat shield when i turned my buns into Texas Toast. A week later inthe next parade was much mo'better after i added it ;) And i now have a few of the Shriner Clowns looking into some of the bigger bikes since the smaller ones are too hard to ride with their big floppy shoes.

Dang DJ, I think I "Accidentally" have, "ESPN" <---Psychic :D

Roots, as in BLOWER / SuperCharger!

Or like the 1.5L SOHC (same as mine) AWESOME Hyundai motor in the attached picture, it's even possible to start with a blower and build spool pressure for the big twin turbo's? :eek: Sort of a hybrid system...

(edit)

Sorry, that pic might be the Twin Cam 1.6L Hyundai engine LoL!
Nice. I've never heard a blower called that before, but it's already in the plans. I've got to decide how I want to build this next motor first before I decide which blower to go with. I saw a hot rod show not too long ago where some guys built a hot rod and stuffed the new Ford Coyote engine (mustang GT 2011 and up) in it and was considering a crate motor.... :D That would be a lovely winter project and ford already has a whipple charger set up that won't void any warranties (considered it for my mustang until I found the bucket).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts