Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im looking for some good knee sliders for cheap. what is the best price on them? a link would be nice. oh btw sense no one has posted this in the new forum is some one asked for knee sliders, you can say search:mad: like the good ol' days in the old forum:( lol. thanks guys

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
prrule said:
hey guys im looking for some good knee sliders for cheap. what is the best price on them? a link would be nice. oh btw sense no one has posted this in the new forum is some one asked for knee sliders, you can say search:mad: like the good ol' days in the old forum:( lol. thanks guys
The terms "good and cheap" don't go hand in hand, but I would recommend a set of Zocchi sliders, which retail for under $40 and can be purchased at AdvanedMoto, which is the retail sales division of DCminimoto.com

[email protected]

Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
What I don't get about those Zocchi's is that it looks like they cover the front of your shin and knee, but it seems like when the knee goes down you hit more of the side of your knee and leg.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
814 Posts
I took a set of motorcycle knee pucks I picked up for $20 and modified a set of knee pads to accept the velcro backing pucks and waaala, u got knee sliders and they will last ALOT long then Zocchi. Why I say this? Zocchi sliders are designed to slide around 40-50mph right, so the material they use isn't that hard. Motorcycle knee pucks are designed for 100+mph knee drops so they have to have less friction and harder material.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can not see a set of kneepads staying in place, if you come down hard enough on the knee. Motorcycle pucks are designed to hit the surface at any speed and are pretty hard. If you are using regular velcro, I would not trust it....on my leathers, they use super velcro. Why not flame everyone with some titanium sliders!!!!;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I actually thought about bonding a metal plate onto my knee sliders. They are starting to get pretty worn.

Is this legal for racing?

Roy

·
Registered
814 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
I can not see a set of kneepads staying in place, if you come down hard enough on the knee. Motorcycle pucks are designed to hit the surface at any speed and are pretty hard. If you are using regular velcro, I would not trust it....on my leathers, they use super velcro. Why not flame everyone with some titanium sliders!!!!;)
The velcro stays in place. I revitted the velcro to the kneepad. Niether the slide moved nor does it move while on my knee/shin.

Metal won't slide that well, you want something with less friction otherwise draggin ur knee will slow u down. Ands it's not race legal since it could damage the track.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How's this sound.....I'm 13 and just signed up for a thor catalogue....i'm thinking about buying most of my protection there....could you guys fill me in a bit on what the prices are??....Thanks..

·
Registered
390 Posts
You can buy off road gear,And just buy a motorcycle jacket.For example
thor chest protector,motorcycle jacket over,and knee pads.

G

·
Vandor said:
You can buy off road gear,And just buy a motorcycle jacket.For example
thor chest protector,motorcycle jacket over,and knee pads.
I agree, if you don't have the cash for reqular street gear the above setup will work as well.

G

·
Gravel-Fun said:
I actually thought about bonding a metal plate onto my knee sliders. They are starting to get pretty worn.

Is this legal for racing?

Roy
Depends on where you race.

I know I personall would not allow them as it would tear up the racing surface and it's hard enough for pocketbikes to find a place to race as it is without us tearing up the parking lot / track. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Daniel is my friend.He was just riding in his court trying to get a picture of him knee sliding,I think he knows what he was doing.
P.S, he has full racing gear such as motorcycle jacket,pants,helmet,knee pads.

G

·
Vandor said:
Daniel is my friend.He was just riding in his court trying to get a picture of him knee sliding,I think he knows what he was doing.
P.S, he has full racing gear such as motorcycle jacket,pants,helmet,knee pads.
I never said he didn't know what he was doing or that he did not own any gear. I was just teasing him. Didn't you see the wink ;)

:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
hahah yea. Lol i was in a hurry to go eat. yea but for romes just get a jacket and knee pads and maybe some pants. Just dont get off road boots. You cant bend them and they will keep hitting the floor. If your were to get some get like the diadora ones from www.midsouthminimoto.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts