Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am about to buy a CVT bike. Primarily, I am looking at the X2 and Inferno 380X. Are there others? Can you help me compare and contrast the various offerings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
866 Posts
uhh... basically thats it...

and i would wait to here sum1s response on the 380 cuz its really new...

try reading tha

"i just got my silver 380x" thread, or sumtin like that...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well depends if you want a bike that looks like a real bike or not.
X-1/X-2's Are a redux of a Honda CBR 600 RR. Therefore if you would like to do a scale version of that bike the X-2 will suit you best. The Infero Kinda has a R-1 look but its a stretch.

It mattered to me, may not mean squat to you.... GL with the new bike!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both bikes use a 49cc engine. Is it the same engine? Is the CVT the same?

Which bike is quicker in acceleration? Top end?

I saw an ad on Ebay that basically said the CVT's are unreliable. Is that true?

How does the performance and feel of a CVT bike compare to a non-CVT bike?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
IcePick said:
380. Hands down.
Can you provide some pros and cons of the two bikes?

I don't have the opportunity to ride them beofre I buy, so I am trying to gather the details to me make an informed decision...

·
Registered
570 Posts
I saw some knucklehead's add on ebay saying that the cvt has a ruberband that breaks in 2 days.....LOL
We have 30+ hours on, and CVT is still going strong. The "rubberband" is actually a automotive type belt that is really thick and durable.

Consider this though, Not all X-2's come from the same factory or company so even between X's will have small variations.

CVT is a strong unit, no worries :)
Dont have Inferno yet but I will be buying 2 or 3 bikes in the next 60 days....One will be an Inferno.
GL

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have an X2 CVT and love it. I have had very few problems out of the box but, I did take 2 days to strip down the bike and check everything completely like outlined in the FAQ's above. No CVT problems, just minor fixable things. You will have to put some time in to make the bike reliable, tools are required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
terminator 49cc

i bought a bike from autozone its a cat eye bike just like many of the others but i have a chain drive tranny with two chains i want to convert to cvt because it looks like you can do alot more with cvt than chain, i hate the dual chain setup its way to doggy and it dont reacha high speed i clocked mine at 25 and that was like half past wound out and i modified the coarb to open a tad bit more, idk is a cvt way better than the dual chain i hear lots of stuff ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pharohx said:
Well depends if you want a bike that looks like a real bike or not.
X-1/X-2's Are a redux of a Honda CBR 600 RR. Therefore if you would like to do a scale version of that bike the X-2 will suit you best. The Infero Kinda has a R-1 look but its a stretch.

It mattered to me, may not mean squat to you.... GL with the new bike!
Hmm... I don't know when the last time you checked out a CBR600RR... the first models of that were in '03 and the X1/X2 headlights look NOTHING like the RR's... I think the 380x does a good job resembling the RR as well as the R1. i'm not quite a fan of the X1/X2 headlights. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
CVT or NOT CVT , that is the question .....

Could someone clear up the 380x cvt question. I read it does use a CVT and I read it does not . On another thread , someone said it uses a reduction gear box instead. Which is it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The X2 i hear is bigger then any other pocketbike.

im getting the X1 w/cvt (X2) within the next 48hours, and i will comment on its good/bad points.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i bought a terminator also...hate the low speed starting....any suggestions....plz...thanks alan
cak2003 said:
i bought a bike from autozone its a cat eye bike just like many of the others but i have a chain drive tranny with two chains i want to convert to cvt because it looks like you can do alot more with cvt than chain, i hate the dual chain setup its way to doggy and it dont reacha high speed i clocked mine at 25 and that was like half past wound out and i modified the coarb to open a tad bit more, idk is a cvt way better than the dual chain i hear lots of stuff ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hotscoots said:
Could someone clear up the 380x cvt question. I read it does use a CVT and I read it does not . On another thread , someone said it uses a reduction gear box instead. Which is it?
R1 sells them along with the other mid/super bikes. He said that the Inferno doesn't have a CVT and as you said, has a gear reduction box. He also stated that his stock inferno beats his modded x2.

·
Registered
141 Posts
KennyK said:
R1 sells them along with the other mid/super bikes. He said that the Inferno doesn't have a CVT and as you said, has a gear reduction box. He also stated that his stock inferno beats his modded x2.
yep the inferno doesn't have cvt and yes it beats my x2 hands down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts