Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Honestly the best mod i have done to my bike. The stock front suspension is nothing more than some small crappy springs that make the bike really feel cheap. We went ahead and installed some gas shocks (Brand: Strong Arm, part #: 4106) on our X's. These gas shocks make such a huge difference, almost makes it seem like we arent riding on $300 dollar bikes....no more clunking, so smooth over small bumps,and drastically improved handling . Sorry for the crappy pics, I took them late night. More to follow in the next few days...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
install is fairly simple, some filing is definitely needed, one hole needs to be drilled, another needs to be made larger and a few bolts and nuts. Each shock does not break the bank @ $10 a pop. I will put a small install guide together soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
well mine took like 20 minutes pete (blue rocket) took like 2 hours HAHAHA he's alittle slow, pm me if you want to know more
SSC holding it down with the best bikes

·
Registered
841 Posts
yeah, more pix please :)

a front & side pic of both ends will work so we can get a clear picture....pun intended :D intructions are a bonus :p

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll get more pics tonight (hopefully). It's really pretty easy, i took my time and did it perfect, total time was like 2 hours...I did this will all of the fairings on, if i had them off should have taken 20 mins.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got mine at Advanced Auto. I know AutoZone does NOT have them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Check out the reply right before your post! :p

jsigone said:
nice mod and cheap toooo
Where did u get the shocks from?

·
Registered
866 Posts
okay.... is there like a weight rating for the gas shocks?

and r u plannin to do sumtin to the rear? cuz i was tryin to see if i could get a better ride out of it...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
doesn't say on it...part # is 4106.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Blue im sure i could figure out the procedure for your mod so ill purchase the gas shocks asap and get started on this mod aswell :thumbsup: very cool MOD indeed tho ---------------------NOUSAGI :cool:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts