Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
Price depends on availability at least in my experience. That's why I bought the sealed ones one time. But the grease depends on the quality, if it is a cheap grease it'll dry up at 190 Degree cylinder Temps. However I know the case has lower temps.
But that is what testing is for, I am really eager to see this test, just make sure you let us know what brand you used.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Price depends on availability at least in my experience. That's why I bought the sealed ones one time. But the grease depends on the quality, if it is a cheap grease it'll dry up at 190 Degree cylinder Temps. However I know the case has lower temps.
But that is what testing is for, I am really eager to see this test, just make sure you let us know what brand you used.
You Sound like you know what you are talking about, so maybe you could help me out? I am about to make boostports in the cylinder because this is a budget build and i dont wanna spend the 40$ + shipping to denmark on a bigbore kit. If yes, i Will dm you.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Definitely have some experience. With boost ports mrkitty or myself can help. He personally has done more than myself considering most of my head's already has a boost port but they are done fairly easily. Do you have a dremel?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Definitely have some experience. With boost ports mrkitty or myself can help. He personally has done more than myself considering most of my head's already has a boost port but they are done fairly easily. Do you have a dremel?
Yes i have a dremel and this is what i am thinking im going to make, if it looks alright
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wheel

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Can't wait. I have a quick feeling they will last a while but eventually heat will dry up the grease and seize, but probably have pleanty of ride hours on it. Thats my official guess.
Members that did not know better have done this before they will last a bit the clutch side bearing will turn blue and overheat and fail first. Performance will definitely suffer from the lack of fuel being able to get inside the bearing and keep it cool.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yes i have a dremel and this is what i am thinking im going to make, if it looks alright View attachment 160984
I would make one big port and make them a bit shorter than the main ports, so you can definat an angel which is aiming to the spark plug. 16mm is a good wide for the 3rd port.
If you look for more power then you should also open the exhaust port as much as possible. 60% of the bore diameter is a good start.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I agree one wide port. I do remember reading a lot of members on here going one or two mm higher than the transfer ports from what I remember reading, I have an older head hear that has a boost port in it and it is taller than the transfer ports. I don't know if somebody did it, it looks machined. Guess you could try it either way

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I agree one wide port. I do remember reading a lot of members on here going one or two mm higher than the transfer ports from what I remember reading, I have an older head hear that has a boost port in it and it is taller than the transfer ports. I don't know if somebody did it, it looks machined. Guess you could try it either way
I Will try that then, i have already ported the cases for a little better flow to the transferports all i need is to sand it a little bit smoother and clean it.
Automotive tire Rim Gas Circle Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yes!!! Looking good, little material, best smooth flow path nets great power increase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes!!! Looking good, little material, best smooth flow path nets great power increase.
I have now put my pocketbike Back together and fired it up, it seems like the “porting” was a good choice, it revs a little higher, besides that i made a bigger exhaust and it Sounds great;)
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Ahhh, the European market for pocket bikes and motards. So sweet. Plus most are treated well. Not here. I have seen some polini's, Blata's, etc, in terrible shape here, missing all sorts of parts. However, there have been some man cave bikes, 15yrs old and never ran. Crazy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ahhh, the European market for pocket bikes and motards. So sweet. Plus most are treated well. Not here. I have seen some polini's, Blata's, etc, in terrible shape here, missing all sorts of parts. However, there have been some man cave bikes, 15yrs old and never ran. Crazy.
Yes, most of the bikes here in denmark Can be found in very good shape but there isn’t a lot of them here, and a real blata and polini bike is pretty expensive over here😥 so i just went with a rep and upgraded it with a polini 17,5mm carb and some other modifications.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts