Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Robert said:
Try http://www.xtrememinimoto.com they have always had the Bi-Zeta parts that I have needed.
thanks

I've only been a cag owner for a couple months and now I just got a brand new 4.2. Is the the bi-zeta clutch worth the money? It sure looks like it is to me but I would like the opinion of people who have used it. Thanks.

G

·
fstbusa said:
thanks

I've only been a cag owner for a couple months and now I just got a brand new 4.2. Is the the bi-zeta clutch worth the money? It sure looks like it is to me but I would like the opinion of people who have used it. Thanks.
I've found it to be ok.

One thing for sure, the Bi-Zeta ratchet wheel is WELL worth the money. :thumbsup:

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
fstbusa said:
thanks

First and foremost, congratulations on the Polini.

BZM Clutches are awesome, hands down. I just purchased a new Minimoto and had the BZM 130gm. Carbonium Clutch installed before it was shipped.

In regard to the BZM ractchet plate, you should really consider a set of BZM pawls too. Although the BZM 6-point ratchet plate is seemingly reinforced, the sharp Polini pawls will eventually wear it down, no differently than the stock Polini 4-point ratchet plate.

Personally, I love BZM accessories, so I purchased the absolutely beautiful BZM starter housing, which is black ergal / aluminum.

However, simply removing the slack from the cord before you give it that good yank will prolong the life of any ratchet plate.

I purchase BZM from DCminimoto, which is the exclusive importer of BZM parts, engines and accessories.

Cheers

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this peron's thread, but I also have a Polini. It's a 6.2, and I am starting to race it.

Should I be considering a Bi-Zeta clutch? My current clutch is new, like my bike, and seems to be working fine.

And Robert, when you talk about a racheting wheel, do you mean there's a back tire that will freewheel then you let off the throttle? Or does this have something to do with the pull start?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
9Nails said:
I don't mean to hijack this peron's thread, but I also have a Polini. It's a 6.2, and I am starting to race it.

Should I be considering a Bi-Zeta clutch? My current clutch is new, like my bike, and seems to be working fine.

And Robert, when you talk about a racheting wheel, do you mean there's a back tire that will freewheel then you let off the throttle? Or does this have something to do with the pull start?

Thanks in advance!
its the plastic wheel that engages on the flywheel to turn the motor over.

·
Registered
180 Posts
9Nails said:

Thanks in advance!
The ratchet wheel they are talking about is on the pull start. Bi-Zeta makes a heavier duty pull starter and pull start pals. the stock clutch should be fine for racing unless you are over 200lbs. then i would goto Bi-Zeta clutch. First i would race it the way it is and figure out your riding style. the best thing you could do to a stock clutch though is get a spring kit from midsouth minimoto so you can adjust where the clutch grabs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
as a side note, I'd like to add that fstbusa has earned the respect of that title! At the track, he was raking the polini so much the tires were starting to melt and bead up from heat!!! :D I never saw that on a pocket pike before! hahahaha

I just ordered the BMZ starter rachet and pawls. good to see design improvements going on to fix obvious messes.... do those come with an umbrella girl???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well as for the Bizeta cluches, I've tried both of their pads. Personally the Carbonium didn't seem to grab well and after adjustments I still wasn't impressed. I have them in my tool box for backups. I have tried their "special" pads and found them to work well very similar to the Stock Polini shoes. They seem to grab and hold while the Carbonium slipped. I'm still wearing a set of "specials" on my 911 GP/R 50cc. I also have and will be using a set of Gator Grip shoes (845 661-3362, call Ed) once the "Specials" wear out.
My 910 6.2 is still running the Stock Polini shoes and wearing very well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts