Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have both the big bore and stroker kit. can anyone give a small review. has anyone installed them one at a time.what were the gains one at a time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
fstbusa said:
talk to WFO

he has both... did a nice writeup on it before the board went down.
Ummmm......let me get back to you on this one.

The low and mid are ALOT better but I am having jetting issues due to some of the other mods I did. I'll post detailed results when I get it figured out.

I need to get the big bore, pipe and crank dialed in togeather and it will rock.

I have seen posts that some New Zealand riders are in the 60mph range with the big bore, IP2 pipe and the stroker crank.

I'll get there.........I gaurantee it!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
WFO Racing said:
Ummmm......let me get back to you on this one.

The low and mid are ALOT better but I am having jetting issues due to some of the other mods I did. I'll post detailed results when I get it figured out.

I need to get the big bore, pipe and crank dialed in togeather and it will rock.

I have seen posts that some New Zealand riders are in the 60mph range with the big bore, IP2 pipe and the stroker crank.

I'll get there.........I gaurantee it!!!!!!
where did you see posts claiming these speeds? You sure that they aren't in Kph?

·
Registered
4 Posts
WFO Racing said:
No......it was not kph.

It's mph and Josh (IP2) said he was able to hit 60 as well.
Did they say what gearing that they were using? they probably have no low end and have to push themselves up to speed. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
socket said:
Did they say what gearing that they were using? they probably have no low end and have to push themselves up to speed. :)
They might have changed gearing, but remember that with a FC crank, the motor is able to spin 13-15k+ rpms. ;) With the right gearing, 60mph is a cake. :p

·
Banned
736 Posts
i want to gear mine to top out at 40 mph. i wanna have acceleration like a mother. (i'm a big guy so i need all the acc. i can get)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahhhhhhh ****. i thought it was only going to be 50-55. can anyone say leathers. i guess ill have to start saving. i sometimes worry about the bike falling apart while i am going 40 mph now i have to re assure myself with leathers going 60 mph. i think i need to get grc front forks. the cag forks that i have on my full fairing are welded to the back of the forks. if the wheel came off after an unforseen bump i would end up doing like five front flips before hitting the ground. yikes!!! hamburger

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey! i was jsut reading the old post adn came apon this one. have any of you that tried this set up really achieved 60+mph? And what did you get along with the pipe bore n FCS?! I'd really apreciate it if you share the results with me.

thanx

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Honestly, guys that are hitting 60 mph...lets be honest here. How in the world are you getting 60 on this cag engine?

Mike93eh, who has the same setup as me, is only getting around 44-46 mph. To me thats pretty damn good. Our mods are as follows...

4 port head
FCS crank
Ported carb, with dellorto jets
6/68 gearing...although I think mike runs a 66 or 64 rear.
IP2 pipe

Now we were both hitting 42-43 with all our mods (slight difference between our mods, since I was running a setup of a polini 911 pipe, dellorto 14/14 carb) without the FC crank. Our low and mid was decent. Top end was really nice. With the stroker, according to Mike, low-mid end is crazy. I haven't dialed mine in yet. It should be dialed in by today or tomorrow. He gained maybe 2-3 mph up top. Top speed doesnt win races...good low-mid range, and good rider skills does. I've seen Mike's mods, and to me, he's maxing out the potential of the cag engine. Even he will tell you that there is no way he'd get 60.

So to say someone can hit 60 with this engine, its kinda hard to swallow. That means it can beat a polini 6.2 in top end speed....makes you say hmmmm ;)

mybluemidi1984 said:
Hey! i was jsut reading the old post adn came apon this one. have any of you that tried this set up really achieved 60+mph? And what did you get along with the pipe bore n FCS?! I'd really apreciate it if you share the results with me.

thanx

·
Registered
78 Posts
great comments.. im still in the process of installing my gear (bb, fcc, polishing, etc). i'll post sometime this week on the results of my work. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts