Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
25:1 is too much oil. Bump it up to atleast 32:1. You might want to get some High Temp RTV silicon, because chances are the squish will be too low and you will have to go no base gasket and thin layer of RTV gasket maker... This will up compression considerably aswell..

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Here's a video of the progress i'm making with tuning my cag on 109 race gas.
Setting the squish as soon as my new base gaskets come in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF1wc6RqdwU&list=UULyQbDj1xBHLjM9gY0HMdJA&index=1
Youre jetted too lean...You need a better carb thats easier to tune like a pumper carb....There seems to either be an airleak somewhere aswell........If your engine is high compression and tuned correctly you will hear a defined pop in the exhaust tone..........Most of those bigbore kits if installed with a badegasket and gopper ring are set to around .045"sae...Thats pumpgas squish with a compression about 10:1

This ones 15:1..............

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
what do you mean my jettings too lean? if my jetting was too lean my throttle would hang open and idle super high. i figured out my idle issue, the set screw was too long. one from an actual delorto carb solved this issue.

what exhaust do u have on there cam2?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
there's a big difference between a plug getting oil fouled and potentially carbon fouled (ie running rich). soot generally isn't wet. Oil will always be.
also has a difference with what pipe is on the bike as for the tone/popping.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
what do you mean my jettings too lean? if my jetting was too lean my throttle would hang open and idle super high. i figured out my idle issue, the set screw was too long. one from an actual delorto carb solved this issue.

what exhaust do u have on there cam2?
Not necessarily...You can hear an engine when its on the edge of being dangerously lean.......When the bike revs up it gives an effect called an after-rev where the engine revs also come down too slow to where if you were to rev the throttle on/off pretty quickly the bike revs would overlap and seem to more than double in pitch and revs

The pipe Im using on the Evil Wasp Cag is a custom-made rev pipe....Its not pretty but its definately effective.....

Almost all my pipes are customized or re-designed by me...I had a super fatty design on the Evil Wasp before but it was too big of a chamber and I couldnt get the type of revs I wanted on top because the engine couldnt scavenge back efficiently enough aswell as a lack of needed backpressure after de-tuning it from alky/methanol to 105 octane race gas

This one is my elongated dual rev-pipe design...I ran this pipe idea through my theoretical engine program on an engine built to my specs with pipes made differently to acheive maximum revs possible.....This design on the program gave the highest revs when installed on a build like my Trophy cag.........I built this using 3 stock pipes and a 1/18" ID headpipe from an old Kawi trike I parted out

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Heres an easy comparison between a bone stock cag and a modded cag...

Bone stock

Modded and with dual rev-pipe design

Modded with just a revpipe welded to the stock J-pipe.......This exhaust was a bad engine choker..........

After I popped the stinger off.........It made an improvement in the way it ran but it wasnt good enough plus the exhaust more than doubled in sound output..........LOL.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah I've got a stock exhaust on my high comp engine which is definitely not letting it breath. I'm gonna see about gettin an IP2 pipe soon.
I have a race on the 17th, i've got a triple stage black widow reed to install as well.
I just went to Orlando, picked up another cag, transplated my engine onto the new chassis.
Right now running a new plug and 50:1 oil/ 109octane it shows i'm still running rich, with the current jetting. So reed and exhaust should even it out for about the plug reading i'm seeing.

I just got a set of PMT T40's, getting motorcycle frame sliders to mount as foot pegs this weekend. Gonna Powder coat my wheel gold before I throw the tires on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Youre jetted too lean...You need a better carb thats easier to tune like a pumper carb....There seems to either be an airleak somewhere aswell........If your engine is high compression and tuned correctly you will hear a defined pop in the exhaust tone..........Most of those bigbore kits if installed with a badegasket and gopper ring are set to around .045"sae...Thats pumpgas squish with a compression about 10:1

This ones 15:1..............

You were right about the airleak, it was at the reedblock, apparently the manufacturer sent out an engine with a stripped bolt...so i broke in the engine. metal expanded broke the seal on the intake manifold/reed block...Now I have 2 engines with the same issue and have to fix both....

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You were right about the airleak, it was at the reedblock, apparently the manufacturer sent out an engine with a stripped bolt...so i broke in the engine. metal expanded broke the seal on the intake manifold/reed block...Now I have 2 engines with the same issue and have to fix both....

Tap the holes with a M6 x 1.0 blind tap...

·
MidnightMidbikeSyndicate
888 Posts
LOL that vid had me rollin do yourself a favor and sit on it when you try to start it...it was kinda funny but more sad I think to see your ride fall over and slam into the garage randoms lol hope your ride is ok props on the high test fuel!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what i need to do is get a stand for it, or build one out of pvc pipe.
And if i sat on the bike with it being high compression it wouldn't get the pull it needs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.