Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a 49cc motor but its theolder style wth the exhaust and intake on the cylinder head and id like to upgrade it toa big cc but I can't figure out what motor it is to try and find a big bore kit for it or just find the same motor because I'm sure its a clone of something it is sold on Amazon as a racing motor lol anyone know something thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
There is no kit made for the piston ported engine you have to make a 2 peace cylinder kit yourself

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
No you take a stock cylinder cut the top off then use a head from the CAG 2 peace head kit and fit it

Those piston ported engines have a 44 mm cylinder that's the same size as the CAG big bore kit they both happen to have the same bolt pattern.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When you say make one myself can scavage parts from other motors say bicycle motors or the like
Hey, did you try this? I have always wanted to chop a cylinder but I don't have any piston ported Motors. I guess I could try it on a CAG motor. If you did throw up some pictures.

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
Hey, did you try this? I have always wanted to chop a cylinder but I don't have any piston ported Motors. I guess I could try it on a CAG motor. If you did throw up some pictures.
I have never done it I'm pretty sure I could pull it off but it's a lot of work sanding and lapping to get the top of the cylinder square and the squish set properly without a lathe for the short life span these engines have I just throw the base gasket away and glue the cylinder to the crankcase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts