Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo i bought this big bore motor off of ebay for 150 bux, it was stage 3 54cc, so i got the motor , did the 25:1 mixture like requested , so i got it running finally and the chain wouldnt turn like the clutch was stuck, so i fixed it and took it on a ride down the block, got it home and shut it off now it wont start up, and when i pull start it , it sounds like there is a scratching sound on the inside of the motor, no freakin clue, but this isnt a good way to start off with this motor,

any input could help, any ideas help asap

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope everything is legit with the coil any other ideas sounds like crickets when i pull this thing... hope its not a bearing im just going to send it back to the guy i got it from

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Did you pull the spark plug out yet, to first check it's tip color to see how your fuel mixture / jetting is looking, and second, to make sure it's not the Torch brand POS plugs that WILL fall apart in the engine and mess "things" up?

·
Registered
114 Posts
This engine is great. Once you get it running you will love it, I dont think its your clutch. I would first remove the chain, start it and make sure front sprocket is moving, and that it moves faster as you give it gas, If you check this air cooled pocket bike forum, I have a video of it running and a walk around. Ive noticed the Idle screw in these is a little different, to get mine to run right I had to complete remove it, set the cable, then screw it in to where you want it. Make a video I maybe able to help out more

1 - 9 of 9 Posts