Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to ride /practice with another member from this forum repobike.
Very nice fellow and his bike was actually faster than I thought it would have been.
So I really have to get my 2stroke up and running so he and I can be on more equal terms. I was riding my x18 trackbike. I have a lot of fun riding again big thanks to repobike for giving me a reason to get out of the house.
We will have to get out there again real soon.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I gather you have a piston ported engine which isnt too hard to juice up with a dremel and some time......plus learning to tune them is key too..:thumbsup:

Glad to hear ya had a blast...if I lived closer it be a great day aswell...Lots of more fun and happiness to you guys............

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
I had a blast! Tomorrow. I'm going to work on my bike again. Gotta clean the carb and look at the clutch. Maybe found a way to fix the rear barring on the cvt. Wow i gotta get me a bike like yours. Maybe we can race again next weekend. Not this Sunday but the following Sunday. Iv been on CL since I got home looking for 100cc bike for under $150. Haven't found one yet.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the fellowing sunday should be good! I seen one on Cl bought the guy wants $300 for it.Which i think is WAAAAAAAY to much for the shape that it's in!

Just keep your eyes open as will i, i'm pretty sure something will come along..

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gather you have a piston ported engine which isnt too hard to juice up with a dremel and some time......plus learning to tune them is key too..:thumbsup:

Glad to hear ya had a blast...if I lived closer it be a great day aswell...Lots of more fun and happiness to you guys............

Yes it would be great! Just imagine all the hop ups we'd come up with...Something new every week!LOL

As far as the 49cc 2stroker i'm gonna leave it stock except for exhaust and airfilter.So this way we will be on or close to equal terms.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dang, i missed it
where did you go? hopemills?
i can bring my zpf and the 15 maybe
yep hopemills......Yes you did old man! I kept calling you leaving messages and you never got back to me. Not this sunday but the sunday after i'm planning to go riding again aslo if repobike is willing to go.

ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!!!! lol

holy crap what the crap!!??!!??!!?? LOL

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
I'm game for riding for the following sunday. I'll have my family with me also.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Had another great day of riding. My x1 did better than i thought it was going do. Even iv no one buys my x1 i think my son will do good on it in a year or two. But im going to start him out on a Cag. His 8yrs and ADHD to the max. So a shorter bike will be better for him.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it was another great day!!!!!
The thorough carb cleaning and accelerator rob mod I did for my carb worked out great. Bike felt great till I blew the rear tire! Lol. Going around the last turn lead to the straight. I was spinning the rear tire up a little around the turn. I guess the tire started hooking up and then spun the rim slightly enough to break the bead. Lol

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Blitz - do you think you may be able to make it down next time?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow, was there a tube in it?
good to hear you got out
No tube, I kept messing them up so I gave up on it.lol I did use a little bit of head sealer and it worked for such a long time. I never thought I'd break the bead. I suspect that the cooler temps played a part also.
Repobike on our next outing I will have my 2stroker x7 ready to go.....

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright done deal!! I put an inner tube in the rear slick. And I was able to do it without killing the inner tube or having to take off the tire. Using a technique called stuffing the turkey.lol I kept the tire on the rim and just pushed in on the side of the tire that was un-beaded. Then stuffed the inner tube in using the handle of some channel lock pliers because they had that rubber covering. Which didn't pinch or poke holes like the tire spoons did.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
good job on the tire S, it prolly was the temp, plus that beadsealer cant last forever under the kind of stress you make, surprised you didnt have a tube there already
repo, yes i will always try, just lately things have been going on that have deterred things, i usually take my sisters crv but since shes been displaced by the fire i havent asked, my wife has an explorer and it sux on gas, it would be over 100 for me to come down and back, and im still trying to go to the bills game on the 15th, i already got tickets but the other expenses i still have to manage....so lol im tryin bro
i could bring the pb in my car but id really like to bring the 15 too

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey you guys ok up there in the Va?
But yeah I think I got a technique down now. So I'm gonna mount up all my slicks on rims with inner tubes.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
ya we here did nt get much, just rain and minor flooding, i think stupid people drove their car into the high water just to get on tv, or a new car ;)

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Blitz - im glad your safe. Glad sandy didnt hit Va bch area. I wish i had a good check i would pay your gas to come down here. But here pass 5mos my checks have sucked. Whole paychecks going to bills with nothing left afterwards.

Im also glad that it didnt hit that area bc it would have canceled all my work for tomorrow up there. I gotta be up there for a day or two.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.